Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

ROTJ strapping.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

ROTJ strapping. Empty
PostSubject: ROTJ strapping.   ROTJ strapping. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:01 pm

It is often thought that the shoulder bells on the ROTJ armour only had the shoulder strap holding them on and the bottom half of the bell was left to just sit on the Bicep.I have taken a good look at the armour from the references i have and have come up with how i think they were strapped.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Take a good look at this picture of one of the stunt women from ROTJ in her Stormtrooper suit.Notice under her left shoulder bell a black elastic strap glued to the bell.Also the plulled in front of the bell.

Now look at this close up picture of the outside of a ROTJ shoulder and the kink half way up the bell Just were the elastic is glued on the other picture of Tracey.

Now if you look at this pictures you can see the strap half way up the shoulder bell going under the troopers armpit.

Thats the reason you cannot see the shoulder bell strap on the ROTJ shoulder bell because it is glued half way up the shoulder bell going under the armpit,rather than round the bicep like the troopers on ANH and ESB.That is also why the ROTJ shoulder bells always look raised up above the shoulders as the elastic is pulled up the arm towards the armpit .

This is theory not fact but i feel i have layed down a good case?
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

ROTJ strapping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROTJ strapping.   ROTJ strapping. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:16 pm

As for the internal strapping i think they may have just used snaps glued on with material straight into the suit.

In this picture you can see the material or cargo strap with a snap glued into the butt area.
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

ROTJ strapping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROTJ strapping.   ROTJ strapping. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 9:21 pm

Good spot on the shoulder bell elastic Peter Smile

It's certainly there on the pictures you have shown us. Out of interest is this the women who also played see threepio too?
Back to top Go down
89batman
Armchair Armourer (update now takes hands on approach)
89batman

ROTJ strapping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROTJ strapping.   ROTJ strapping. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Nice one mate! I also notice the sniper late is riveted rather than glued.
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

ROTJ strapping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROTJ strapping.   ROTJ strapping. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 11:12 pm

firebladejedi wrote:
Out of interest is this the women who also played see threepio too?

Tracey Eddon has made her career in movie stunts. She has appeared in numerous films, performing as a stunt artist and even doubling for some well known actresses. She has worked on four James Bond movies, An American Werewolf in London, Labyrinth, Superman III, Supergirl, Batman, most recently, Sahara. She also worked on Return of the Jedi, doubling for Anthony Daniels and Carrie Fisher. More specifically, she swung with Luke from the Sail Barge to the Skiff, and was the C-3PO that got dumped off the barge into a sand dune.

Its a hard old life.
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

ROTJ strapping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROTJ strapping.   ROTJ strapping. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 11:23 pm

89batman wrote:
Nice one mate! I also notice the sniper late is riveted rather than glued.

Everything was riveted onto the ROTJ suit sniper knee ,ammo knee belt .

Back to top Go down
JoeR
Captain
JoeR

ROTJ strapping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROTJ strapping.   ROTJ strapping. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:42 am

Pete

That makes a lot of sense and would explain the shoulders popping out more.

Is the second picture of a tour suit in the LFL Presido offices?

Here are some pictures I have collated and a drawing by TM of how he thinks the originals were strapped.

Joe

Back to top Go down
http://www.castfromoriginal.com
Sponsored content

ROTJ strapping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROTJ strapping.   ROTJ strapping. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ROTJ strapping.
Page 1 of 1