Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping. Empty
PostSubject: Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping.   Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Ok for you all troopers not wanting to use the original strapping system - having the straps multi adjustable makes things a whole lot easier. Sometimes you may need to adjust the chest up or down for various reasons - like if you drank too much beer the night before or if you lost weight. I regularly gain or loose weight from troop to troop..

Anyway here is how i have my set-up. Simple and easy to adjust and very practical.

I use 2 inch elastic for the front of the torso - its strong and still haves a lot of give. And notice i am using s spring snaps mounted high in the chest and low down on the ab plate. Have them spaced further apart means that they is a lot of range or adjust-ability - perfect for practicality.

Here is the completed strap ready to fit,

Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping. SDC10002

Now i have the top snapped in place and looped over a 50mm buckle and the lower part threading through and back on itself. This on its own will not hold so i added velcro to the inside which is what makes this multi adjustable and simple.

If the strap is not long enough or too long simple pull the strap open and free the velcro adjust and close and they we are - perfect fitting armour.

Velcro on inside,

Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping. SDC10012
Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping. SDC10013

50mm buckle,

Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping. SDC10014

I added another piece of elastic to hold the end closed and neat and tidy,

Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping. SDC10015

Fitting in place,

Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping. SDC10011
Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping. SDC10009
Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping. SDC10017
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
Jedirm80
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping.   Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:49 pm

This is brilliant. My weight fluctuates as well so I'll likely be following this tip.
Back to top Go down
rob8821
Cannon fodder
rob8821

PostSubject: Re: Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping.   Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:30 am

awesome thank you!
Back to top Go down
http://jedi97138@yahoo.com
Trooper1972
Cannon fodder
Trooper1972

PostSubject: Re: Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping.   Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 12:05 pm

Thats a great idea Mark, as you know I am loosing weight at a rate of knots - although I seem to have slowed a little recently. I will chat to you more about this when I next see you bud Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping. 296262
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping.   Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Tip: Adjustable torso strapping.
Page 1 of 1