Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Elastic and Strapping widths?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Irishtrooper
Cannon fodder
Irishtrooper

Elastic and Strapping widths? Empty
PostSubject: Elastic and Strapping widths?   Elastic and Strapping widths? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Hi Guys,

Ive got 2mm TM on order and i'm wondering what size elastic to use for all the areas of the armour and also what size for the canvas/webbing straps that connect the chest to the back at the shoulders (what is the best material to use as well?)

Its been a while since I last built a TK (just over 3 years) and Ive tried searching on FISD but im getting frustrated as I cannot seem to get the results from the search engine that I wanted.

Is there a uk source for the spilt pins and rivets as well?

Thanks for any help

Mark
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Elastic and Strapping widths?   Elastic and Strapping widths? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi Mark are you wanting to use an accurate strapping system for your TM? I think for the 2mm acrylic capped set i would use practical as the armour will not bend as needed to work

But to answer your question the chest and back should be held using 2 inch white elastic, the torso uses 1 inch black, the arms 2 inch black and the thighs are held using 3 inch black elastic.

The bifurcated rivets are easily available in the uk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
Irishtrooper
Cannon fodder
Irishtrooper

PostSubject: Re: Elastic and Strapping widths?   Elastic and Strapping widths? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi Mark,

Thanks for that mate, to be honest I'll use whatever system you recommend. Its been a while since I built a Stormtrooper and previously that was an FX.

Just trying to find out what I need to put it together so I can get it bought and in before the armour arrives Smile
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Elastic and Strapping widths?   Elastic and Strapping widths? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:33 pm

Check out some of the threads on strapping.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
Irishtrooper
Cannon fodder
Irishtrooper

PostSubject: Re: Elastic and Strapping widths?   Elastic and Strapping widths? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Hi Mark,

Sorry mate, I dont know how i never saw those before?? But I see them now, thanks mate Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elastic and Strapping widths?   Elastic and Strapping widths? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elastic and Strapping widths?
Page 1 of 1