Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Recent loft find ANH armour discussion

Go down 
+30
Psammead
R2Dan
fon
RoCKo
moonwalker
gizmo
synaptyx
Rich330
Protocol Droid
SuperTrooper
gh05ty
SW1
Ripcode
brutalmagic
Admin
TKuk
ObiHahn
Turrican
locitus
BFuk
geordietrooper
CARBONITEKID
89batman
stukatrooper
woodman
JoeR
Pappy
monkeypaw aka riveting
Billhag
firebladejedi
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Rolf
Stormtrooper
Rolf

Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:03 pm

Thanks for the update Rob, i can´t wait to see those baby´s asap as well Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 295761
Back to top Go down
vecspeed12
Deck Officer
vecspeed12

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 11:52 pm

this is so exciting!
Back to top Go down
SuperTrooper
Deck Officer
SuperTrooper

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:43 pm

Awesome news.
Back to top Go down
TKuk
RS Prop Master
TKuk

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 7:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]s

A sneak peak at a prototype first pull on our own machine. This is 1mm HDPE, yeah you heard me right HDPE. In a couple of weeks now guys we should be ready to roll!
And you Saw it here first!!!!
Back to top Go down
Psammead
Deck Officer

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:03 pm

Ooooo HDPE and looking like a very good pull Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 879541
Back to top Go down
JoeR
Captain
JoeR

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:13 pm

Awesome work fellas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.castfromoriginal.com
gizmo
Deck Officer
gizmo

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Perfect
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:28 pm

TKuk wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]s

A sneak peak at a prototype first pull on our own machine. This is 1mm HDPE, yeah you heard me right HDPE. In a couple of weeks now guys we should be ready to roll!
And you Saw it here first!!!!

Great teaser shot there - keep them coming Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 296262
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:42 am

The thing that worries me about the picture is how short the tubes look,and the material between the trap and the edge of the mold.This will hinder the build and the construction of the lid,also the overal look.Remember the face plate and cap ,back have to overlap.It may be down to the angle of the picture but the tubes sure look short for a pre trimmed faceplate. .
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:17 am

At first that I what I though Pete. But look at the depth from the under eye trap. On most builds you have an inch or less to the back & cap and there seems plenty there to play with. It may be the angle making the tubes look short.
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:52 am

an inch or less you say ? I would expect their to be at least 3 inches from the back of the trap to the trimmed edge of any helmet to be able to build it well and position the face plate.

Back to top Go down
gizmo
Deck Officer
gizmo

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:25 pm

Good points. But we need better pics before we debate this stuff. If that's the length of the originals tubes without modding the faceplate and extending the tubes like all the Brian r derrivatives then it's ok by me.I mean we did alll ask for the casts to be un modified and if that's an exact copy of the faceplate then so be it.
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 1:42 pm

I don't mean an inch in total but that's how far back the ears would be normally, no?
Back to top Go down
BFuk
RS Prop Master
BFuk

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:15 pm

Good points to make, but as Gizmo said, there is enough material to cut off the faceplate to the size of the original and then some. However, we can still at this point alter this before the final tools are created. Maybe adding some more would not be a bad thing, and an original cut line could be added onto the protective film when supplied in a kit form, best of both worlds? I can say that the overlap is minimal.

Back to top Go down
http://www.bobafettuk.co.uk
Rolf
Stormtrooper
Rolf

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:05 pm

I just want one... no matter what Rob Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 627909
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:29 pm

WOW! :D
Back to top Go down
gizmo
Deck Officer
gizmo

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:14 am

Sounds great to me and it's awsome that your open to our suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recent loft find ANH armour discussion
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8