Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Recent loft find ANH armour discussion

Go down 
+30
Psammead
R2Dan
fon
RoCKo
moonwalker
gizmo
synaptyx
Rich330
Protocol Droid
SuperTrooper
gh05ty
SW1
Ripcode
brutalmagic
Admin
TKuk
ObiHahn
Turrican
locitus
BFuk
geordietrooper
CARBONITEKID
89batman
stukatrooper
woodman
JoeR
Pappy
monkeypaw aka riveting
Billhag
firebladejedi
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

Recent loft find ANH armour discussion Empty
PostSubject: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 12:57 pm

Here are pictures of the recent loft find ANH armour, found in the UK Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
Billhag
L.S.D Admin
Billhag

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:42 pm

Last edited by Billhag on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 7:12 pm

Thanks Billy for the other pictures Smile

The holster has been identified from the Tantive IV boarding party but the torso is a sandy. But WOW how sharpe is that helmet??? :shock:
Back to top Go down
monkeypaw aka riveting
Deck Officer
monkeypaw aka riveting

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:17 am

A couple of the freeware that made it out Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

clickable thumbnails Wink
Back to top Go down
Billhag
L.S.D Admin
Billhag

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:07 pm

Here's a few more 8)

Back to top Go down
Pappy
Deck Officer
Pappy

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:32 am

These pictures are AMAZING!!! Recent loft find ANH armour discussion 94707 Crying or Very sad Recent loft find ANH armour discussion 77367
Back to top Go down
Pappy
Deck Officer
Pappy

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 11:13 am

That's a sad story Sad
I hope he's not go with fiberglassing that.......or he did it already? Recent loft find ANH armour discussion 361337
Back to top Go down
JoeR
Captain
JoeR

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 11:16 am

I think it has been done already. I heard they messed up the helmet mold on the first go and had to do it again.

When I cast my ABS original helmets both of them cracked and we used an industry expert, and took every precaution possible. These old helmets are very delicate, especially paper thin HDPE.

This piece is a priceless antique and should be treated with love and care....
Back to top Go down
http://www.castfromoriginal.com
woodman
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:32 am

The guy you are talking about is Rob McCormickBFUK from TDH and a very good friend of mine. I would seriously hope they are not just ruining the armor. All the real value lies in it's patina and present state. I cant vouch for the owner but Rob is a great craftsman and I dont think he would let it got to pot.
Back to top Go down
woodman
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:13 pm

The "fiberglassing" comment is way off base. Rob McCormick has a site called Boba Fett UK and he makes fiberglass Boba Fett jetpacks.
Back to top Go down
JoeR
Captain
JoeR

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:34 pm

Good luck to them, will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Last edited by JoeR on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.castfromoriginal.com
woodman
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 7:34 pm

I for one being an ANH kind of guy am very excited to get ahold pf a proper left thigh from the start.
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:01 pm

Fibre-glassing this suit would be mental.Sorry thats how i feel.All you would end up with is a fibreglass copy.One piece legs ,arms ETC.Nothing like the original.The suit was designed to be made clam shell with the ANH joining strip.

So to do the job properly you would have to take every bit apart.Legs ,arms etc.yet more carnage.My head drops at the thought of whats going to happen to this wonderful piece.
Back to top Go down
89batman
Armchair Armourer (update now takes hands on approach)
89batman

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:09 am

stukatrooper wrote:
Fibre-glassing this suit would be mental.Sorry thats how i feel.All you would end up with is a fibreglass copy.One piece legs ,arms ETC.Nothing like the original.The suit was designed to be made clam shell with the ANH joining strip.

So to do the job properly you would have to take every bit apart.Legs ,arms etc.yet more carnage.My head drops at the thought of whats going to happen to this wonderful piece.

I agree this is a great opportunity I hope they do it properly.
Back to top Go down
woodman
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 3:12 am

They are not going to make fiberglass armor. He makes Boba Fett jetpacks in fiberglass only. The idea of taking a real ANH suit and fiberglassing it is retarded no one in their right mind would do that. I am going to get them on here to fill in the details.
Back to top Go down
CARBONITEKID
Cannon fodder
CARBONITEKID

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:39 pm

woodman wrote:
They are not going to make fiberglass armor. He makes Boba Fett jetpacks in fiberglass only. The idea of taking a real ANH suit and fiberglassing it is retarded no one in their right mind would do that. I am going to get them on here to fill in the details.

I respectfully hope that they listen to your advice and do so, unlike the advice the owner has chosen to ignore from others.
Back to top Go down
Pappy
Deck Officer
Pappy

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 6:44 pm

uh...guys,is the left ear only had 3 bumps? Recent loft find ANH armour discussion 77367

Back to top Go down
woodman
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 7:47 am

Man would you look at the sharp pull on that helmet! Those are some awesome traps and vents.
Back to top Go down
Pappy
Deck Officer
Pappy

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 9:06 am

You got it man,this is a good example of what a good pull from back then looked like! It is AWESOME in every sense of the word!! cheers

You said that he want to cast the armor? how is he going to do it? My biggest concerns is the glued parts,thighs,shins,biceps,forearms. And glued straps,like the shoulders
Back to top Go down
geordietrooper
Deck Officer

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 9:45 am

probably just a soft pull
Pappy wrote:
uh...guys,is the left ear only had 3 bumps? Recent loft find ANH armour discussion 77367

Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:43 am

Hero ear?
Back to top Go down
BFuk
RS Prop Master
BFuk

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:58 pm

Interesting topic guys :D

Thanks to Woody for giving me the intro to your site here, looks very good and I like what you are doing.

There is a whole lot of bs knocking around about this suit, what happened to it and where it is.

Allow me to give you all the latest news. The suit is being cared for by myself and the owner "Simon". We are producing moulds of the complete suit, The first part that will be complete will be it's crowning glory, the amazing helmet. The rest of the suit will follow.

Luckily for the rest of us the owner wanted to SHARE with the prop community this very rare find, which will allow for excellent copies to be produced. That said, these things can't be rushed for obvious reasons.

No fiberglass has been near the suit?????

How many post do I need to do before I can PM the admins to talk more about this?

Best, Rob.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bobafettuk.co.uk
geordietrooper
Deck Officer

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:06 pm

hey rob welcome & thanks for the info Recent loft find ANH armour discussion 286346
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Always nice to get 1st hand info. Thanks for coming here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Turrican
Banned Member

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:17 pm

Looking forward to details Recent loft find ANH armour discussion 21450
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recent loft find ANH armour discussion
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next