Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

whats the best method for cutting HDPE

Go down 
+6
stukatrooper
gh05ty
ObiHahn
Rich330
locitus
SW1
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JoeR
Captain
JoeR

whats the best method for cutting HDPE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats the best method for cutting HDPE   whats the best method for cutting HDPE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 6:27 pm

TM has formed in LDPE....
Back to top Go down
http://www.castfromoriginal.com
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: whats the best method for cutting HDPE   whats the best method for cutting HDPE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Recently? Has he offered any to anyone yet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: whats the best method for cutting HDPE   whats the best method for cutting HDPE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 6:40 pm

SW1 wrote:
i managed to shanks my self a v3 GINO kit form

I have just sent Paul an email about hes plans on HDPE or similar plastic.
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: whats the best method for cutting HDPE   whats the best method for cutting HDPE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 11:33 pm

Here you go mate my Krylon Fusion TE lid,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
gizmo
Deck Officer
gizmo

PostSubject: Re: whats the best method for cutting HDPE   whats the best method for cutting HDPE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 6:40 am

I`m working on one of these also and having painted 3 TE HDPE helmets I think the best way to go is either a quick rub over with a very fine wet/dry sandpaper or even a rough dishwashing scourer then paint it and chip it yourself with a knife.I even just used my fingernails.It`s quite fun to do also.I just used automotive touch up paint in a rattle can.Good luck and I can`t wait to see pics.

Regards,
Ben
Back to top Go down
JoeR
Captain
JoeR

PostSubject: Re: whats the best method for cutting HDPE   whats the best method for cutting HDPE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:38 am

Thanks Pete

The picture of Simons helmet next to one of Paul's was in a different material and he mentioned forming in other materials on the prop den.

Sorry for the OT.

Back to top Go down
http://www.castfromoriginal.com
SW1
Chief Bean Shaker
SW1

PostSubject: Re: whats the best method for cutting HDPE   whats the best method for cutting HDPE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 2:15 pm

I like Pete , Mr no Stripes , that Krylon Paint just looks surperb mate whats the best method for cutting HDPE - Page 2 286346 .

@ Ben thanks mate i will get pics and start a thread once i have evrything in hand cant wait to start whats the best method for cutting HDPE - Page 2 331945
Back to top Go down
SW1
Chief Bean Shaker
SW1

PostSubject: Re: whats the best method for cutting HDPE   whats the best method for cutting HDPE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 2:57 pm

See that Stuka on the ball with reading all the thread whats the best method for cutting HDPE - Page 2 606810 , @ Joe yes a Gino v3 just so impreased with Fil (Solodallas) one on the FISD plus i have always wanted to do a HDPE lid myself and put my own stamp on it , not sure what TM is doing regarding different plastics but iam sure Pete will find out , if Paul dose do HDPE i for sure will want one god i feel extra space is need in the house Surprised
Back to top Go down
Rich330
Captain
Rich330

PostSubject: Re: whats the best method for cutting HDPE   whats the best method for cutting HDPE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 6:23 pm

JoeR wrote:
Thanks Pete

The picture of Simons helmet next to one of Paul's was in a different material and he mentioned forming in other materials on the prop den.

Sorry for the OT.

That other helmet was my helmet. It's 1mm ABS (painted khaki at the time of the pictures). Or do you mean that Simon's helmet was in a different material to HDPE (like PP or similar)?

I asked Paul a long time ago whether he had pulled and helmets in HDPE. He said he'd tried and never had satisfactory results. Turns out it's not only a bugger to paint but to pull as well. I guess the lack of a proper professional/industrial setup makes it more difficult.
Back to top Go down
RoCKo
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: whats the best method for cutting HDPE   whats the best method for cutting HDPE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:24 pm

I used this masking fluid on my first paint chipped helmet and it worked like a dream:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whats the best method for cutting HDPE   whats the best method for cutting HDPE - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

whats the best method for cutting HDPE
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2