Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

RS speed build

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

RS speed build Empty
PostSubject: RS speed build   RS speed build I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Hi guys. A little late since this was built in July, but there's no reason not to post it here as well.

Thought I'd copy my thread on FISD to here to document how a garrison mate Donny got his armour built. Smile

He visited my place over a weekend an brought his kit with him. He had already trimmed most of the helmet so I take no responsibility with cutting out the teeth. Wink

RS speed build DSC_0001_s
RS speed build DSC_0002_s
RS speed build DSC_0003_s
RS speed build DSC_0005_s
RS speed build DSC_0006_s
RS speed build DSC_0008_s
RS speed build DSC_0009_s
RS speed build DSC_0012_s
RS speed build DSC_0011_s
RS speed build DSC_0002_s-1
RS speed build DSC_0004_s-1

Helmet is starting to look like something familiar. Smile
RS speed build DSC_0004_1_s
RS speed build DSC_0005_s-1
RS speed build 600037_10151073494857779_1466662661_n

Belt assembly almost complete with cap rivets and all. Yes, the elastics are different widths because I screwed up with the distancing between the cap rivet and snap on one side.
RS speed build DSC_0002_2_s

Painted the stripes in the tears and traps (and ears) this morning
RS speed build DSC_0002_s-2

Thigh ammo belt attached with cap rivets
RS speed build DSC_0002_1_s-1

Vocoder and tube stripes painted. Still needs another coat and some cleanup.
RS speed build DSC_0002_2_s-1

Had an accident related to possibly not thoroughly cured paint and old masking tape. When I took the tape off it took the paint with it, so I had to fill it back in with grey. Needs another coat and then to fix the stripes.
RS speed build DSC_0003_s-1

Belt is now complete. Holster is mine and Donny needs to get is own. Holster attaches with snaps on the inside of the belt.
RS speed build DSC_0004_s-2

Last pictures. Donny needs to leave one day early so we had to speed up the build and skip the elastics. He'll finish that on his own at his home later.

RS speed build DSC_0005_s-2

Managed to somewhat save the rear traps from earlier accident. Not the best paint job, but it works. I've never ever said I'm good at painting. Wink

RS speed build DSC_0006_s-1

Tube stripes are as you can see still under the masking and may need some cleanup after the second coat has dried fully. The vocoder suffered the worst from our tight schedule and needs cleanup. The paint was still too tacky when I had to put the second coat on.
RS speed build DSC_0007_s
RS speed build DSC_0009_s-1
RS speed build DSC_0010_s
RS speed build DSC_0011_s-1
RS speed build DSC_0012_s-1
RS speed build DSC_0013_s
RS speed build DSC_0014_s
RS speed build DSC_0015_s

Not too bad for something done in 48 hours if I'd say so myself.
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

RS speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: RS speed build   RS speed build I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks for sharing Smile

I like looking at how people tackle the RSP sets, each one seems slightly different depending on how they wish to trim the parts.

The only thing i noticed although the build wasnt complete were the ears, they look like they need more trimming, far too wide for my liking

I hope to see the end result when its all done...
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

RS speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: RS speed build   RS speed build I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:27 pm

Yeah, I think the ears were too fat too, but Donny was a bit afraid to let me trim them more. This was also my first helmet build so I wasn't so confident either.

I'll post up pictures when it's all done. Donny is waiting on TD clips, gloves and boots from RS and that's all that is left I think.

That is one of your canvas belts I used btw. I never used it myself, but I miss it already.
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

RS speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: RS speed build   RS speed build I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 9:46 pm

I'm glad to have been able to help in the build.. :-)
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

RS speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: RS speed build   RS speed build I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 5:14 am

Are you still making the belts?
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

RS speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: RS speed build   RS speed build I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 6:46 pm

I've not made belts since.. Oh longer than I care to remember..

I have been thinking of getting a new machine. But with so many belt makers nowadays would there be any interest?
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

RS speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: RS speed build   RS speed build I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:08 am

firebladejedi wrote:
I've not made belts since.. Oh longer than I care to remember..

I have been thinking of getting a new machine. But with so many belt makers nowadays would there be any interest?
I think there would be. You already have such a solid reputation and clothears, while super accurate are also very slow in delivering it seems. I know that I'd like to replace the belt I had from you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RS speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: RS speed build   RS speed build I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RS speed build
Page 1 of 1