Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Two versions of chest plate?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lonewolf
Deck Officer
lonewolf

Two versions of chest plate? Empty
PostSubject: Two versions of chest plate?   Two versions of chest plate? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:07 am

I know about Lukes's Stormtrooper chestplate being cut down but some appear to be very rounded at the bottom and others curve back up at the edges, both appear to have a return edge.

Is this the camera angle , the way the armour is being worn or could the chest plate mould/tool/buck have been "fixed" half way through the vacforming process? My TK armour is of the rounded variety and I am thinking about trimming the bottom edge and reshaping a return edge.
Back to top Go down
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

PostSubject: Re: Two versions of chest plate?   Two versions of chest plate? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 3:09 pm

I'm not sure if you're talking about fanmade armor, sculpted from scratch. You have all kinds of curves there.

On the screen used suits, other than the Luke dwarf mod, just a single chest plate design was used AFAIK. Might be photo angles and the flexing of the material, though.
Back to top Go down
lonewolf
Deck Officer
lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Two versions of chest plate?   Two versions of chest plate? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 3:28 pm

Hi Dennis, I am talking about the ANH Stormtroopers, on screen or not. I am not too concerned about the replicas.

I have seen what looks like variations in the bottom curve and agree it could be camera angle etc etc or not.
Back to top Go down
Billhag
L.S.D Admin
Billhag

PostSubject: Re: Two versions of chest plate?   Two versions of chest plate? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 4:43 pm

John
Have you any screen grabs of differences you've seen so that we can take a look at them Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
lonewolf
Deck Officer
lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Two versions of chest plate?   Two versions of chest plate? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi Billy, I will try to post up some , immediately I can think of the Joe Johnson TK pics as a more rounded chest bottom.
Back to top Go down
Pappy
Deck Officer
Pappy

PostSubject: Re: Two versions of chest plate?   Two versions of chest plate? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:21 am

It could be pulled by the straps and the flex plastic follows(you know where the straps positioned :D),I don't know if I'm correct or not but I think mr. Johnston is one of the taller actors among others(??) and that could be the cause of it
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Two versions of chest plate?   Two versions of chest plate? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:13 am

I think this will be due to the strapping system used. It tends to make the chest puff out when not standing still.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

PostSubject: Re: Two versions of chest plate?   Two versions of chest plate? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:53 am

But only if the material is "thin" and thus flexible enough. Does not work for 2mm for example, and does not really for 1,5mm as well - R2Dan and I kinda tested 1,5mm TM vs. 1mm TM and the difference in flex, especially in regards to the "bulging chestplate" was considerable...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two versions of chest plate?   Two versions of chest plate? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two versions of chest plate?
Page 1 of 1