Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Raising Chest and Back plates

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SW1
Chief Bean Shaker
SW1

Raising Chest and Back plates Empty
PostSubject: Raising Chest and Back plates   Raising Chest and Back plates I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi Troopers i found on my 2 mm TM Armour i just had to much overlap of the chest and back plate i wanted to have the gap inbetween the bottom back plate and top of the kidney and i wanted the bottom of the chest to be above the abb buttons by about 1inch , i did not want to cut the bottom of the chest and back plate , plus i did not want to cut to much out of the neck line , so from a bit of help and advice from R2 Dan plus Pablo (TKDUEUNO) and what i did was to bend the chest and back plate tabs by about an inch i had to be carefull to keep the ailliment of the tabs so they all the tabs meet , below are some pics of the lines that i followed to bend the tabs over with the heat gun take your time doing this and always do a little at a time with the heat gun dont want to melt the plastic , and with a bit of padding on the shoulders cheers Pete , this mod raised the chest and back plate by 1nch great for a hobbit trooper like me Raising Chest and Back plates 559234

Please note when i carried out this mod my shoulder straps were not glued to the chest

Raising Chest and Back plates 4860311471_61fbf1d126_b

Raising Chest and Back plates 4860311479_1dc71c0b14_b
Back to top Go down
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: Raising Chest and Back plates   Raising Chest and Back plates I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:59 pm

yep, that's what I did on my 1.5mm TM suit as well. helped a lot and nobody noticed, except if I told them Smile
Back to top Go down
SW1
Chief Bean Shaker
SW1

PostSubject: Re: Raising Chest and Back plates   Raising Chest and Back plates I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:07 pm

Yeh great mod mate i am so pleased i followed it through a bit nervous at first with the heat gun and when your using it on a TM well cacking my pants Raising Chest and Back plates 94707 , but soon got used to it thanks again Dan for the advice Raising Chest and Back plates 559234
Back to top Go down
Billhag
L.S.D Admin
Billhag

PostSubject: Re: Raising Chest and Back plates   Raising Chest and Back plates I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:10 pm

WOW!, Steve did you really start the curve that far down? Raising Chest and Back plates 22181
It just doesn't look it in the flesh, I thought it was more like where my line is

Raising Chest and Back plates StevesMods01

Works a treat and looks the part mate.I've done this to Steph's to try and improve how it
looks on her.
I'd back up what you said, be careful and take your time....definitely not for the faint hearted Raising Chest and Back plates 286346

Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: Raising Chest and Back plates   Raising Chest and Back plates I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:10 pm

you're welcome mate Smile
I'm already saving up for my next armour upgrade here btw :D
Back to top Go down
SW1
Chief Bean Shaker
SW1

PostSubject: Re: Raising Chest and Back plates   Raising Chest and Back plates I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:32 pm

Billhag wrote:
WOW!, Steve did you really start the curve that far down? Raising Chest and Back plates 22181
It just doesn't look it in the flesh, I thought it was more like where my line is

Raising Chest and Back plates StevesMods01

Works a treat and looks the part mate.I've done this to Steph's to try and improve how it
looks on her.
I'd back up what you said, be careful and take your time....definitely not for the faint hearted Raising Chest and Back plates 286346

Yes Bill ,Kenco's line is where i started the curve Wink the pics are of Pablos chest and back plate after he done the mod , which i followed , just doing a bit at a time then test fitting and a little more bend , never got round to take pics of mine , will start to now i keep modding the TM , cant wait to see Steph's improvmets Raising Chest and Back plates 286346 as you said Bill works a dream for us icle ones Raising Chest and Back plates 559234
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raising Chest and Back plates   Raising Chest and Back plates I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raising Chest and Back plates
Page 1 of 1