Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

A few armour build questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Irishtrooper
Cannon fodder
Irishtrooper

A few armour build questions Empty
PostSubject: A few armour build questions   A few armour build questions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi guys,

A couple of questions regarding putting the TM together before it arrives.

With previous sets of TK armour i have had to trim the arms and the legs due to me being 5'6"

Now the questions are this regarding the armour:

1. Arms - forearms have always been a tad bit long, due to the return edge at the back its better to trim a bit off the front?

2. Legs - now previously with the FX i trimmed the thighs rather than the calf but as with above and the return edges am I now better the trim from the bottom of the calf to keep the return edge on the thigh intact?

Im going ESB on the kit so I have started trimming the lid.

I have seen it with 6 teeth trimmed and also 8 - is there any preference or is both acceptable?

Also for the painting the rank bars black on the ears how many should there be on each ear? I have seen 2 on left and 3 on the right?

Lastly from the ATA i did a while back and from pics I have seen off the TM faceplate above the eyes where it fits behind the brow of the back/top part it how far do i trim this? I previously trimmed right across the top on the ATA (where what seems to be a mould line above this it angles back?) but i have seen on some here there is a little bit above left? If that makes any sense?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Mark
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: A few armour build questions   A few armour build questions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi mark when you kit arrives post pics before you cut anywhere.

But for a quick answer, cut the elbow arc out a lot and cut all the wrist return off for an accurate look and a better fit.

Leave the thighs if you can and cut whatever you need from the ankle. Leave as much return everywhere else or you may as well stick with fx.

And the faceplate leave all that is on the forehead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
Irishtrooper
Cannon fodder
Irishtrooper

PostSubject: Re: A few armour build questions   A few armour build questions I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 9:37 am

Hi Mark,

Thanks fors that will do Smile

Cheers

Mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few armour build questions   A few armour build questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few armour build questions
Page 1 of 1