Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II)

Go down 
+2
Admin
Verne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Verne
Cannon fodder
Verne

ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II) Empty
PostSubject: ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II)   ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi guys.

Several months ago, I had the project to "create" a replica of the ROTJ v1 helmet (and on the same way, the ESB Mk2)

Thus I managed to copy a CAP helmet kit (I asked Chris before and he agreed). I know that it's still recasting and bad, it's why I didn't make a business with these helmets. It wasn't the plan.

It was more in order to have a "new" helmet (new shape) and mainly for friends. And of course, try the vacuum forming in "home made" style.

I tested several plastic (PETG, 3mm mate white ABS, 2 mm pinseal biscuit ABS, 2mm and 3 mm gloss HIPS).

Here are some finished helmets (I had several rejected pulls which finished into ANH/ESB helmets).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Essentially pinseal ABS and 3mm HIPS (yes, it's thick but damn strong!!!)

Back to top Go down
Admin
L.S.D Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II)   ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 8:06 pm

I think these turned out pretty good Verne Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.com
Epsylon4
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II)   ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:29 pm

That looks well smart to me ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II) 286346
Back to top Go down
moonwalker
Deck Officer
moonwalker

PostSubject: Re: ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II)   ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II) I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:40 pm

I have one (ESB V2 converted into ROTJ V1) and it's one of the best pieces of my whole collection. Freaking great finish and assembly.

As I told you before Fab, if you want to do another run I'm in ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II) 559234 BTW as CAP authorized you, I'm pretty sure recasting it isn't a problem...
Back to top Go down
virateck
Cannon fodder
virateck

PostSubject: Re: ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II)   ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 1:59 pm

I love your work fab' Wink

Back to top Go down
Joshua Miller
Cannon fodder
Joshua Miller

PostSubject: Re: ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II)   ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:39 am

moonwalker wrote:
ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II) 559234 BTW as CAP authorized you, I'm pretty sure recasting it isn't a problem...

Did I miss something here? CAP armor comes from recast TE2, (without permission) so how does that authorize CAP to allocate permission?
Not trying to troll, just wanted clarification.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II)   ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ROTJ v1 (or ESB Mk II)
Page 1 of 1