Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Move ALong Trooper helmet

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

Move ALong Trooper helmet Empty
PostSubject: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:55 pm

When i got the helmet i wasnt sure what i was going to do with it but after getting it signed by Tony Forrest at C 13, i decided it was going to be a move along helmet.

This is how it arrived.

Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE010
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE009
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE008
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE007

I thought the brow was going to be too low for a move along helmet so today i took off the ears and drilled out the rivets and moved the face plate down quite a bit and then drilled and re riveted it back together. These hdpe helmets are really soft and a couple of times i thought i was going to rip the whoe thing to pieces, slowly does it...

Before and after

Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE011
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE017
Then i cut out the teeth and removed the rubber trim and its time for some paint
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE026
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE027
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE028
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:57 pm

Anyways the first coat and a half of paint has gone on, i took a pic while it was still wet.

When you read in these threads that paint does not want to stick to this plastic i dont think you really realise how true that is. After the first really thin coat was dry i rubbed a small part with my thumb nail and the paint just came stright off Surprised

I will give it another coat tomoro and then see how were doing..

Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE037
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:59 pm

Ok i have 3 coats of paint on this now and its starting to look more like a trooper helmet. The khaki is quite hard to cover with white so i may put a final coat on. The good or bad news (depending on your point of view) is the paint no longer falls off at the slightest touch.
Here are some more wip pics for you good people...
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE040
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE042
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE043
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE044
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE046
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE047
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:01 pm

Ok i have painted the frown, traps and vocoder and didnt really have the best time..

The paint didnt seem to want to play nicely today and i think more went on me than on this lid. The grey seemed rather thin and watery today maybe it was the high heat i dont know. Anyway the right ear had to come off to fully paint the trap and what a fun job that was. Trying not to peel off all the paint was a job in its self but never mind...

Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE050
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE051
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE052
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:03 pm

I re-did the grey traps and i put on the black out lines. Then i painted the mesh on the hovi mic tips black as can be seen in the pics of the real move along helmet courtesy of jez at starwarshelmets dot com. Whether this was post or pre production is anyones guess, but its what i ran with.

They were then inserted as wonkily as i could manage and on with the tube stripes. I must admit i wish i was man enough to try these free hand with paint and a brush but im not to trooper decals will do for now...

Getting the rubber brow trim on was a real hard job as since i re-positioned the back and cap this has become quite tight. The neck trim was quite easy which im glad about.

So here we are, not quite a perfect replica and im not quite finished either, but this is my version of the move along trooper lid :D

Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE064
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE065
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE066
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE067
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE068
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE059
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:03 pm

Oh i nearly forgot a couple of pics of the lid being signed my Tony Forrest, the move along trooper himself..

Move ALong Trooper helmet Collectomania13MOveAlong090
Move ALong Trooper helmet Collectomania13MOveAlong091
Move ALong Trooper helmet TEHDPE023
Back to top Go down
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:30 pm

Looks pretty good! I just managed to snag one of those TE HDPE lids on the RPF, should be here soon. Guess I'll start a WIP thread on here once it arrives Smile
Back to top Go down
89batman
Armchair Armourer (update now takes hands on approach)
89batman

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:07 pm

That is very cool Mark.

Last edited by 89batman on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rich330
Captain
Rich330

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:18 am

Is this genuine HDPE?
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:26 am

Genuine high density polyurethane plastic Smile
Back to top Go down
Rich330
Captain
Rich330

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:17 am

Seemingly from TE. I'm confused. I know you don't deal with TE. Move ALong Trooper helmet 22181
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:27 am

It's true I've had several transactions with TE, this was one before it went sour. Nowadays I recommend people do not deal with him at all - I'm trying to recall how long I waited for this to arrive....
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:33 am

I remember now;

This was my first purchase from TE and went smoothly, payment to delivery time was a couple of weeks.

Then I purchased an ABS helmet and waited 7 months - not good Sad

Then a year or so later I purchased 2 Jedi lids and waited - 10 months for them to arrive and 1 was not even what I'd paid for.

So the moral of the story is - avoid him like the plague. There are better products out there from better prop makers with better reputations.
Back to top Go down
synaptyx
Tee-Shirt Guy
synaptyx

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Quote :
"So the moral of the story is - avoid [TE] like the plague. There are better products out there from better prop makers with better reputations."
[Like]

Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.synaptyx.com
Rich330
Captain
Rich330

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:20 pm

I'm with you now, Mark. I just thought this was a current venture.
Back to top Go down
89batman
89batman

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:33 pm

What did Terry think of the helmet? If I'm correct he was asked at the last minute to do the Sandtrooper as Alex guiness wanted an Actor to play against rather than an extra and is now an icon as a result.
Back to top Go down
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:51 pm

I got my TE HDPE lid today. Spent most of the evening stripping the remaining old paint, trimming a little here and there and re-assembling it.

Here's a sneak peak, I'll make a WIP thread once I will actually work on finishing it Smile

Move ALong Trooper helmet Tehdpe
Back to top Go down
89batman
89batman

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:48 am

Can't see the pic Dan.
Back to top Go down
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:58 am

weird, it's working fine for me - maybe there was a server problem earlier?
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 8:55 am

I can see them Smile
Back to top Go down
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:08 am

I'll have better pics up in a bit Smile
Back to top Go down
89batman
89batman

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:08 pm

I can see them now- must have been a server issue last night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Move ALong Trooper helmet   Move ALong Trooper helmet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Move ALong Trooper helmet
Page 1 of 1