Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
iconoclasta_88
Cannon fodder
iconoclasta_88

ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)  Empty
PostSubject: ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)    ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 4:52 pm

its been a while since my JoeR cucket first arrived in february 2011 till today. Focusing in many projects in Real Life, including a baby girl born the same day the bucket arrived. But I have been patient and worked on the bucket, gathering all the parts I needed to build a ROTJ replica that I then could turn into a SE TD. 

I know that technically the SE buckets are not ROTJ but made from a different badge around 15 or so years later and that they are similar to the tour helmets but well... this is the closest we are able to get, and probably the closest we will ever be.

So...

I gathered the bucket, the correct hardware and used the correct assembling technique (AFAIK).
Then had to have the replica vintage hard hat liner from a run Sskunky did a couple years ago.
Also had to go through a couple Bubble lenses sets until I had the correct ones in green from riveting.
Finally, after looking for a correct silk screened set of ROTJ decals, went back to Sskunky to get a replica (even if not silk screen) set of ROTJ decals that fit awesome!
Also added a set of chin straps from Karin with vintage "snaps".

Added some weathering (not enough yet, need to perfect it)... and, a ROTJ replica is done.

Here are a few picts from my phone and hope to get some professional picts taken soon.

MY SE TD bucket in its form/stage of ROTJ replica...

First, this is the ROTJ look I got inspired by:

ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)  A591c0e1f95674907a6749aef4d96e37_zps1cb0600e

And, this is my bucket.

ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)  P1090693_zps4b3a54a3

ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)  P1090694_zps92ee3382

ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)  P1090697_zpsfb54a00c

ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)  P1090696_zps1f27ba24

ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)  P1090695_zps25366f7d

ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)  5370e3e8

ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)  Abfe3ef6

ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)  97db24f02fdc6bed5b3a7c4989bb9f3b_zpse90dea37

And the interiors. Went as far as I could to try to replicate the way, techniques and materials used in ROTJ.

ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)  9ed7550592f02a1851c73e257a3e5ed6_zps389d3b4b

Every part is trying to emulate or replicate the real part on the outside, inside and the bucket itself of course.

Even if it is not 100% done, have to say that I loved working in this bucket. It is a very cool, detailed and awesome kit. The ROTJ look was not my fav, but must admit that I have found a new love for it. Never will it surpass the ANH or the Sandtrooper love I have, but this is now probably my second fav look for a bucket.

The JoeR kit is awesome and the details and little defects gotten from the original helmet are awesome!

So... what do you think?

Saludos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mylifeasastormtrooper.blogspot.com
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)    ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 10:12 pm

Very nice work juan :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
T-VIRUS
Cannon fodder
T-VIRUS

PostSubject: Re: ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)    ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 2:41 am

That turned out awesome. Very nice job indeed. I agree with you on the ROTJ look, I was never a big fan until a few years ago. For some reason the look just kept growing on me. Great job on the lid man!!
Back to top Go down
iconoclasta_88
Cannon fodder
iconoclasta_88

PostSubject: Re: ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)    ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:07 pm

THX a lot for your comments.

Now, I will weather it in SE Sandtrooper fashion.
Lets see how this turns out.

Saludos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mylifeasastormtrooper.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)    ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ROTJ/SE Sandtrooper helmet replica (JoeR)
Page 1 of 1