Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Too Much Garlic
Deck Officer
Too Much Garlic

TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet Empty
PostSubject: TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet   TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:50 am

Got this and thought I'd show it off here as well. Still haven't gotten it ready for painting yet, but that will happen soon enough, so here are a few old pictures of the helmet next to my old TE SFS helmet that got lost in the mail.

TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet Th_Stormtrooper-TESFSTERotJ-001 TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet Th_Stormtrooper-TESFSTERotJ-002 TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet Th_Stormtrooper-TESFSTERotJ-003
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet   TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:53 pm

I remember reading about this on the rpf and prop den. Certainly an interesting project when you get a chance to work on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
Too Much Garlic
Deck Officer
Too Much Garlic

PostSubject: Re: TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet   TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 3:46 pm

Have a few things to show regarding the digital project.

New modelers first look at the RotJ trooper scan:
TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet Th_TERotJ-HelmetScan-001

And he was worried about the wonkyness and offered to re-align all the slices, so I had to assure him that it was actually accurate to the original. Below is an angle people rarely see.

David capture on the left, original center, new modeler's capture on the right.
TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet TERotJ-HelmetScan-001-Comparison2
I was actually worried that my assembly wasn't exact or close to exact, but looking at the scan in David confirmed that it is in fact pretty damn close.

Here are the first versions of the mic tips.

RotJ style:
TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet Th_MicTips001

There are three versions - one without the recessed area, one with the recessed area being more shallow and having an angle to it to make it easier to mold and cast + finally.. original shape.
TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet Th_MicTips002

Okay. Going for full accuracy with the models. So going with the mic tip model to the right in the picture above.

+ we now also have the ANH mic tip model:
TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet Th_MicTipsANH001

Thanks JoeR & Sskunky for assistance with the mic tips! TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet 296262
Back to top Go down
Too Much Garlic
Deck Officer
Too Much Garlic

PostSubject: Re: TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet   TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 3:25 pm

I sorta thought this might have some interest here, but I guess not!? TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet 836915
Back to top Go down
Mojo
Deck Officer
Mojo

PostSubject: Re: TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet   TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 8:24 pm

I've CNC'd my Jedi mic tips in ali..
But always good to see the work you've gone through. TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet 296262

Cool work, keep it up bro..
Back to top Go down
Too Much Garlic
Deck Officer
Too Much Garlic

PostSubject: Re: TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet   TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:17 pm

Yeah, this won't be full scale... it will be made in the same scale as the SFS mini... and possibly in sixth scale.
Back to top Go down
Mojo
Deck Officer
Mojo

PostSubject: Re: TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet   TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Ah gottcha bro.. Wink
Back to top Go down
JoeR
Captain
JoeR

PostSubject: Re: TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet   TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 9:56 am

Sounds awesome, I would love one to go with my mini SFS.

Back to top Go down
http://www.castfromoriginal.com
BGHUNTER
Cannon fodder
BGHUNTER

PostSubject: Re: TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet   TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Great work TMG ,
Id like to get one of each of your minis ,
Back to top Go down
Too Much Garlic
Deck Officer
Too Much Garlic

PostSubject: Re: TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet   TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:10 pm

Well, the RotJ may be a bit off, before that is made available, but the SFS mini is available now. I think the second run is finishing up now, unsure whether you can still get in on one, but you should contact voice in the crowd over on the RPF about that.

C.
Back to top Go down
Too Much Garlic
Deck Officer
Too Much Garlic

PostSubject: Re: TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet   TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Some new pictures of the RotJ helmet. Need to do another pass on the seamline to hide it completely.

TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet Th_Stormtrooper-TERotJ-006 TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet Th_Stormtrooper-TERotJ-007 TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet Th_Stormtrooper-TERotJ-008 TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet Th_Stormtrooper-TERotJ-009 TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet Th_Stormtrooper-TERotJ-010
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet   TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet
Page 1 of 1