Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Original helmet build up?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lonewolf
Deck Officer
lonewolf

Original helmet build up? Empty
PostSubject: Original helmet build up?   Original helmet build up? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:49 pm

I have only built a couple of Stormtrooper helmets, the first I joined the faceplate to the dome tightly, and didn't really like it, the next build I left a small gap between the two parts.
Is there a preferred way to join these,just enough to add the rubber trim? I have seen various buildups, what do you experienced guys do? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: Original helmet build up?   Original helmet build up? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:55 pm

It's generally recommended that you have the brow trim attached the cap&back when you do the test fitting and positioning.
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Original helmet build up?   Original helmet build up? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Yep as Mathias rightly said i always have the brow trim in place while fitting the back and cap to the facplate. Otherwise you may have problems with final fitting as you have found out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
lonewolf
Deck Officer
lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Original helmet build up?   Original helmet build up? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 5:17 pm

Thanks guys, I looked at the originals sitting built up outside AA's shop without the trim, some looked tightly fitted and others looked pretty sloppy with gaps between the lid and faceplate. The difference is not great , just wanted some other folks views.
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Original helmet build up?   Original helmet build up? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:48 pm

I've had several fan made lids with a bit of a gap on one side of the brow and have never let it bother me so don't worry if any builds you make do have a slight gap.

The only thing is sometimes the rubber trim has a tendancy to fall off while wearing the helmet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Original helmet build up?   Original helmet build up? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Original helmet build up?
Page 1 of 1