Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Masking fluid for chipped helmets

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

Masking fluid for chipped helmets Empty
PostSubject: Masking fluid for chipped helmets   Masking fluid for chipped helmets I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:58 am

Ok for all you hard core chipped helmet lovers - when it comes to masking off the little chip marks you can use mustard or toothpaste or buy this stuff from the model shop.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Its easy to apply and will go where ever you want it and is easily removable.

When Pete and I build my TM 1-5 flexy helmet we used this. For best results put it on thick and lumpy, so that after a couple of coats of paint you can still see where you put it Masking fluid for chipped helmets 554227

Then when you have sprayed your lid leave it a while and remove before the top coat is fully dry. As it is latex based it simply peels off and leaves the nice green (or whatever colour you are masking) underneath.

Here is my ESB helmet after the white coat showing the chipped marks before final detailing

And the final result

Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
Mojo
Deck Officer
Mojo

Masking fluid for chipped helmets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masking fluid for chipped helmets   Masking fluid for chipped helmets I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 3:14 pm

I use 'Maskol' all the time with no issues... awesome stuff! Masking fluid for chipped helmets 296262
Back to top Go down

Masking fluid for chipped helmets
Page 1 of 1