Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid Empty
PostSubject: Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid   Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Ok ive been collecting some parts and other stuff to turn my fx into a sandtrooper but this is my first real step into the dirty world...

I got a new helmet from a friendly trooper here in the uk which he kindly finished all the hand painting part but left it clean for me to play with.

I used acrylic paints, dabbing it on with a sponge and then used crumpled paper to soften the effect and repeated several times but i didnt like the effect i was getting. So i washed it off and kept re-applying it and rubbing it off and so on.

Then i gave it a going over with some artist oil pastel's and am a bit more happy with the effect of ground in dirt rather than obvious sponge marks.

What do you think..

Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid Sandtrooperinthemaking045
Became this..
Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid Sandtrooperinthemaking059
Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid Sandtrooperinthemaking060
Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid Sandtrooperinthemaking061
Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid Sandtrooperinthemaking062
Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid Sandtrooperinthemaking063
Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid Sandtrooperinthemaking064
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
marcelo
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid   Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:03 pm

Que espesor es la placa de styrene mm? que utilizaste para termoformar the helmet .
Back to top Go down
Billhag
L.S.D Admin
Billhag

PostSubject: Re: Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid   Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 11:11 pm

marcelo wrote:
Que espesor es la placa de styrene mm? que utilizaste para termoformar the helmet .

Yerrh, like Marcelo said, why the heck ain't that thing more messy,...get some dirt on that Bad Boy!! Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid 286346

Looks very nice though Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid 286346
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid   Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 1:11 am

Marcelo ,they are not the best helmets in the world,i would say about 2mm HIPS.
Back to top Go down
Pappy
Deck Officer
Pappy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid   Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:53 am

I like the texture on the 'background' on the face plate and forehead! Have you tried combining technique with cloth rubbing? Surprised
The 'splotches'(the most visible) should look like it was applied with a brush/cloth.
Back to top Go down
marcelo
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid   Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:26 am

stukatrooper.OK.thanks!
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid   Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:04 pm

This was probably my one and only attempt at sandtrooper style weathering and i was never really happy with the results. I kept wiping it off and starting over, and the helmet was more grimy than you can see here in the pictures, most was washed out..

In the end i simply repainted the helmet white and left it as a normal stormtrooper...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid   Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Agent Sandtrooper Lid
Page 1 of 1