Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

A little short to be a Stormtrooper

Go down 
+12
vecspeed12
c herm
JoeR
BlueGrot
locitus
Rolf
woodman
Rich330
89batman
firebladejedi
monkeypaw aka riveting
stukatrooper
16 posters
AuthorMessage
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

A little short to be a Stormtrooper Empty
PostSubject: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:31 am

"Ar'nt you a little short to be a Stormtrooper" that line drives me round the bend.I am a little shy of 5'8" tall and know for a fact i am not a little short.Myself and some hight challenging troopers met up with some ANH originals last year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Im a little red faced as i do not know there names.What a fantastic day and boy did they have some stories to tell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
monkeypaw aka riveting
Deck Officer
monkeypaw aka riveting

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:03 am

care share thier stories?, even just vignette's would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 11:10 am

It's such a shame I missed that event - I bet it was great to meet the guys in white Smile
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:00 pm

The guy on the far right said it was strange to see Stormtroopers with gloves on [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He then asked the one sitting next to him,"Did we ware gloves " yes hes mate stated.One of the guys also acked if the chest plate choked us as hes was hell.Now we know the way the originals were strapped,this is very common.I know with my TM 1mm the chest chokes the hell out of me.A small price to pay in my book.
Back to top Go down
89batman
Armchair Armourer (update now takes hands on approach)
89batman

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:18 pm

I remember that, in the end they checked on the pics in front of them before they were sure about the gloves [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
When we first approached them Pete and I looked at eachother and didn't need to say anything as we both knew what the other was thinking, VINDICATION!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rich330
Captain
Rich330

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:50 am

Another trooper who doesn't quite register 5'8'' here. No problems wearing armour TM; I do trim a good deal of material from the neck though.
Back to top Go down
woodman
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:39 am

SWEET I had to go with AM for the price for my first suit and have had to do alot of trimming and mods to wear it but I am 5'9" and am stoked to hear the accurate suits will fit me too.
Back to top Go down
Rolf
Stormtrooper
Rolf

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:29 pm

stukatrooper wrote:
"Ar'nt you a little short to be a Stormtrooper" that line drives me round the bend.I am a little shy of 5'8" tall and know for a fact i am not a little short.Myself and some hight challenging troopers met up with some ANH originals last year.

Im a little red faced as i do not know there names.What a fantastic day and boy did they have some stories to tell.

What a cool pic, and day i´m sure.
Hope to meet some of them one day as well.
Cool to see they still got the trooper look in them, the one to the right are still in the armor as far as i can see A little short to be a Stormtrooper 626941
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:17 pm

It's great to know that I'm about as tall as the original actors are!

The last couple of times I've heard this comment I've done the "boring" thing and told them something like "No, I'm actually just about the right size for this. The original actors were around my height."

It shuts them up pretty quick! Smile
Back to top Go down
Rolf
Stormtrooper
Rolf

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 2:43 am

Yeah me too, i´m 182cm and 72kilos.
I guess most of them was the same size, and hight A little short to be a Stormtrooper 277503
Back to top Go down
BlueGrot
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 8:31 pm

I'm 191 and wish I could take a few cms off!
Back to top Go down
JoeR
Captain
JoeR

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:21 pm

That's me out at 6 foot!
Back to top Go down
http://www.castfromoriginal.com
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 12:01 am

You can be the tall dude Joe Smile
Back to top Go down
c herm
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:55 pm

i get that all the time standing next to my usual 6ft troop mates. if only everyone knew what screen accurate height and weight was!
Back to top Go down
vecspeed12
Deck Officer
vecspeed12

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:07 pm

A couple girls have said this to me. I'm 6 feet tall. And I usually say "you can be my princess leia anytime" and they just smile.
Back to top Go down
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:24 pm

I'm 6ft at 88 kilos. Not your perfect skinny 70's trooper, but still pulling off the look I guess.
Back to top Go down
synaptyx
Tee-Shirt Guy
synaptyx

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 1:13 pm

5'9" and 5'11" - 6' in armour depending on boots and helmet padding. LOL!

Pete, that photo is awesome! Brought a little tear to my eye. A little short to be a Stormtrooper 559234
Back to top Go down
http://www.synaptyx.com
Imp squipper
Cannon fodder
Imp squipper

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:48 pm

That was an amazing day, one i will remember for a long time to come, i'm the shortest of the 3 of us, the one on the left in the first pic, here's some more from that day:

This original TK took every oportunity he had to get snapped with us

The guy on the right on the floor is a GOOD FRIEND OF OURS, hate to think what we'd do to those we don't like A little short to be a Stormtrooper 94707

Back to top Go down
brutalmagic
Deck Officer
brutalmagic

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Great pictures,

Looks like you guys had a real blast!
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:01 am

Indeed, great pictures!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little short to be a Stormtrooper   A little short to be a Stormtrooper I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little short to be a Stormtrooper
Page 1 of 1