Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Too many choices.....

Go down 
+5
iconoclasta_88
firebladejedi
Too Much Garlic
lonewolf
ccatkins
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ccatkins
Cannon fodder

Too many choices..... Empty
PostSubject: Too many choices.....   Too many choices..... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:25 pm

Ok, here is the dilemma, my goal was to spend the next six months saving up to buy a set of shiny tm armour, but then I discover rs props.

So the question is, what set of armour should I get and what material should I get it in for trooping?
Back to top Go down
lonewolf
Deck Officer
lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices.....   Too many choices..... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:31 pm

Good question, I was asking myself this for the last year.
Just got the RS props kit, ABS, shiney white, superb flexibility, no painting required, the kit is beautiful.
Now the fun part.
Back to top Go down
Too Much Garlic
Deck Officer
Too Much Garlic

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices.....   Too many choices..... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 7:51 am

Depends on what you want. Direct from ANH original armor or the best fan sculpt available? There is also price to consider, what you need it for and what you get for your money.
Back to top Go down
ccatkins
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices.....   Too many choices..... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 9:05 am

Well what I'm after is;

A sturdy kit for trooping, I don't want to have to paint it, I want it to be accurate. From my understanding both kits fit this criteria, hence my dilemma?
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices.....   Too many choices..... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 9:25 am

It's a tough choice, TM armour is very sturdy and looks the dogs.. Rs props as far as I'm aware has some doubled up and missing items so will still be a little off...

It would be cool to see a few more builds on the rs suits to get a better idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
iconoclasta_88
Cannon fodder
iconoclasta_88

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices.....   Too many choices..... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 4:43 pm

I was just asking myself this...

Since last year, my goal was to finally oreder a TM armor in spring 2012... Been saving for it too, and slowly I am getting there.

Now, with the RS armor out, there are two options with similar characteristics that would fit what I have dreamed for...

I guess waiting time might be similar, and the looks and plastic too, but then... which one is better?

So far, I am leaning towards TM.
Besides considering Paul a great guy, I take in consideration all the research and knowledge he has gathered and applied to TM armor through the years. This, IMO, makes a difference.

But anyway, RS armor has screen used TD lineage and looks killer too!
Even if I would build a TK from it, that is very attractive.

Tough choice for sure...

If I get TM, maybe in the future I would look for a RS helmet.
Smile

Saludos
Back to top Go down
http://www.mylifeasastormtrooper.blogspot.com
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices.....   Too many choices..... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:34 pm

TM armour and RS helmet perhaps. Sounds pretty ideal to me!
Back to top Go down
SW1
Chief Bean Shaker
SW1

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices.....   Too many choices..... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:42 pm

I luv TM armour and always will , and i have noticed with my new RS kit that there is not alot of differance in size wize compered to the TM only talking mm , but i wanted to try this new pvc out for trooping and test the durabilty of the armour yes the PVC is very flexy but i would not say its industuctable , but then again nor were the screen used suites Wink
Back to top Go down
ccatkins
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices.....   Too many choices..... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:51 pm

And, I would guess the tm isn't indestructible either?

I didn't know that rs wasn't a complete authentic kit?
Back to top Go down
gizmo
Deck Officer
gizmo

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices.....   Too many choices..... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:05 am

I love what TM has made as it looks perfect but for me you can't ever beat screen cast stuff with all the little bumps and warts inplace. In a perfect world I would display an RS and troop in a TM.

Ben
Back to top Go down
lonewolf
Deck Officer
lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices.....   Too many choices..... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 8:44 am

No idea why I wrote ABS, I mean't PVC, thanks for giving an honest comparison with the two armours.
Back to top Go down
ccatkins
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices.....   Too many choices..... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:08 am

Perhaps I can narrow it down by looking at the materials used, which is better for trooping PVC, 1.5mm or 2mm abs?
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices.....   Too many choices..... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:17 am

What do you plan on doing in armour? Most armour no matter what it's made of will stand up to some serious trooping. Abs is certainly tough enough for most activities...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
ccatkins
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices.....   Too many choices..... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:14 am

I plan on doing lots of trooping but no takins a nap Smile
Back to top Go down
vecspeed12
Deck Officer
vecspeed12

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices.....   Too many choices..... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 3:56 am

I troop a lot and TM is my choice. I love everything about it. Even though I see rs armour it's nice but doesn't do it for. I love the rs helmets though. Which I do want one in the future.
Back to top Go down
ccatkins
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices.....   Too many choices..... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 2:53 pm

I am thinking that I could start with an RSProps kit in PVC for a TK and then if money permits convert this to a TD and get a Full TM Hero to be my clean TK. I would also then be able to swap out the lid with my TE stunt, so the best of both worlds?

Obviously this depends on the money i can save up, but a guy can dream. Too many choices..... 559234
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices.....   Too many choices..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Too many choices.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Last Stormtrooper Detachment  :: ANH Stormtroopers-
Jump to: