Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Were the neckseal made out of latex?

Go down 
+6
EOTK
firebladejedi
SW1
stukatrooper
ObiHahn
Sonnenschein
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Sonnenschein
Cannon fodder

Were the neckseal made out of latex? Empty
PostSubject: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 4:40 pm

I started in looking to make neckseal out of latex.

TM also believes, that they were indeed latex, like the ones frogman use.

What do you think?

Back to top Go down
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

PostSubject: Re: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Hero neckseals or the simpler stunt ones?
I'm sure both weren't only latex/rubber, both variants had some fabric components I believe (the bib part).

But why not try this?
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:56 pm

The stunt neck seals were some sort of real world item like a dive seal and cut into strips round the shoulders to sit better.

the heros are made of some sort of Anorak matterial .Thin nylon with a shine.

Were the neckseal made out of latex? 5381571839_0521b73b2b_b

You can see on this picture the strips cut just above the back plate.The overall seal looks very big and bulky.

Were the neckseal made out of latex? 2411562441_044a462175_o

The hero neck seal,No one has got even close to replicaling this,Hows your sewing Karin,i would be all over one of these. Were the neckseal made out of latex? 407583
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
SW1
Chief Bean Shaker
SW1

PostSubject: Re: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:23 pm

I wonder if the front of the stunt neck seal was shreded to or if it was complete ?
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:34 pm

I'm in need of a more accurate neck seal.
Back to top Go down
EOTK
Cannon fodder
EOTK

PostSubject: Re: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:57 pm

SW1 wrote:
I wonder if the front of the stunt neck seal was shreded to or if it was complete ?

Just curious, what do you mean by shredded?

EDIT: Oh, did you mean the vertical cuts along the bottom? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
SW1
Chief Bean Shaker
SW1

PostSubject: Re: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:10 pm

you can see in the pic that Pete put up of the stunt stormtrooper the bottom of the neck seal is cut in to strips ( shreded) so i was wondering what the front bottom of the neckseal was shreded and not cut in to strips .
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:12 pm

I would think it was all round mate,so it fitted flat the the back,shoulders and chest.This was done as the rubber or what ever material is used looks to be thick.
Back to top Go down
SW1
Chief Bean Shaker
SW1

PostSubject: Re: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:31 pm

Yes that dose make sence , like you said Pete the rib section certenly looks big and bulkey them old stormys had it hard imagian the sweat underneith that seal Sad with the armour and the helmet all on i salute the origanal boys .
Back to top Go down
Sonnenschein
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:17 pm

Thanks for the pics!

Pete, unfortuanately, my sewing skills are non-existant Sad

But maybe you could share your insights on the hero ones and why no one got it accuratly replicated so far? I do have a friend who's quite handy with the sweing machine

Yes, the seals were bulky.

A replica of the stunt seal would be very nice to have; maybe nor ideal for trooping, but for the hard core replica collectors with HDPE helmets, painted boots and metal strapping Smile
Back to top Go down
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

PostSubject: Re: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Sonnenschein wrote:
...but for the hard core replica collectors with HDPE helmets, painted boots and metal strapping Smile

Sounds like the L.S.D. crowd! Smile
My neckseal is also the least accurate part...
Back to top Go down
SW1
Chief Bean Shaker
SW1

PostSubject: Re: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:23 pm

I know a few who have tried to replicate the screen accurate Hero neckseal and its just quite not there as Pete stated the matterail is like anorak , one of the exsamples i have seen was right matterial but the ribs looked to flat or the material was not pulled tightley over the tubeing (ribs) you do really need to get the ribs to look more perfound as the above pic of Lukes neckseal , its good news Karin that you have a skilled sewing machinist looking forward to this project and you know all us purist are here and ready to help and advise you on your journey Wink .

I would luv a screen accurate stunt neckseal just for a prop , if troopable even better but perhaps you could do both just a thought Smile
Back to top Go down
Sonnenschein
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:39 pm

ObiHahn wrote:
Sonnenschein wrote:
...but for the hard core replica collectors with HDPE helmets, painted boots and metal strapping Smile

Sounds like the L.S.D. crowd! Smile

Exactly!

I think a latext stunt seal could be troopable with some lining...but the intent is primarily for displays nad prop collectors.

I'll concentrate on the latex ones first, then the hero ones.

But looking at the pic of look, it looks like the fabric of the ribs and the fabric of the bib is different... Maybe the ribbing is some real world fabric and the bib was added later?
Back to top Go down
Rolf
Stormtrooper
Rolf

PostSubject: Re: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:26 pm

firebladejedi wrote:
I'm in need of a more accurate neck seal.

Me too, i´m just waiting for the right one Basketball
Back to top Go down
89batman
Armchair Armourer (update now takes hands on approach)
89batman

PostSubject: Re: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 12:24 am

You wouldn't need a lining if you wear a balaclava.
Back to top Go down
Sonnenschein
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:04 pm

89batman wrote:
You wouldn't need a lining if you wear a balaclava.

Good point, Gary!
Back to top Go down
Pappy
Deck Officer
Pappy

PostSubject: Re: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 11:00 am

I'll sweat myself like a donkey and wore the bulky-choking the neck-hot as hell neckseal for trooping if its indeed closer to the originals :p
The hero's were from anorak? This is new for me,and the material name too :p excuse my knowledge. Though the stunt were my priority :D
I never handling a latex before,will it stretched and hold? Or carrying/hold something such as zipper?(for the closure)
-just guessing about the zipper,it might be something simpler than that(hook?) :D
Back to top Go down
Sonnenschein
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 3:28 pm

That's the spirit!

I'm already working on the prototype.

There's no zipper. You'd just pull it over your head like a turtle neck pullover.

Karin
Back to top Go down
RoCKo
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 6:47 pm

There was a FS thread over at the RPF some time ago for new improved but not 100% accurate neckseals.
Still i think they are nice but judge yourself:
KLICK ME!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Were the neckseal made out of latex?   Were the neckseal made out of latex? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Were the neckseal made out of latex?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Last Stormtrooper Detachment  :: Accessories-
Jump to: