Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Ease of movement.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueGrot
Cannon fodder

Ease of movement. Empty
PostSubject: Ease of movement.   Ease of movement. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I am BAFFLED by how the trooper at 2:32 is able to bend like that? I have a HIPS TE2, I'm 6' 3" which should leave plenty of gaps to bend, but I am completely unable to bend any further than to pick something up from a stool or similar.
Back to top Go down
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

Ease of movement. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ease of movement.   Ease of movement. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 9:22 am

Thin, flexible armor does the trick. I can bend down in my 1mm ABS TM. Not as extremely as that TK does, but I don't wanna risk too much.
HIPS will crack, at least my 1,5mm HIPS armor did in loads of places. No cracks with ABS so far!
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

Ease of movement. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ease of movement.   Ease of movement. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 11:42 am

Also don't forget for filming they were not worried about ruining the suits, coupled with flexy plastic = a wide range of movement.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

Ease of movement. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ease of movement.   Ease of movement. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 12:13 pm

the bend doesn't look that crazy to me either. his torso stays mainly straight, so I don't see how there would be much stress on the suit in this position.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ease of movement. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ease of movement.   Ease of movement. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ease of movement.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Last Stormtrooper Detachment  :: ANH Stormtroopers-
Jump to: