Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

MY 06 sds

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
monkeypaw aka riveting
Deck Officer
monkeypaw aka riveting

MY 06 sds Empty
PostSubject: MY 06 sds   MY 06 sds I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:14 pm

This is the first kit I bought, back in the day of noobness rabbit

MY 06 sds IMG_6989

MY 06 sds IMG_6574

stunt

MY 06 sds IMG_6997

notice aswell the terrible holster I had commisioned Embarassed it cost me a small fortune & looked nothing like the pic's I gave the "master leather craftsman" No

thats when I descided to make/mod stuff my self & share that knowledge with other ppl.
Back to top Go down
synaptyx
Tee-Shirt Guy
synaptyx

MY 06 sds Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY 06 sds   MY 06 sds I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:05 pm

Thanks for sharing, mate. Smile Politics aside (always!) This is not a bad kit, when at the time of it's first production, FX was very ingrained in the repro-Stormtrooper market. It offered a screen look alternative from a frankly reliable (on a production front) source... at a price!
I feel that personally, for me the '05 and '06 were the last of the decent SDS kits. My battlespec, after a few mods, is a decent bucket. I've seen his later Battlespec and it's a shocking, badly lopsided mess.
I had to finish the ear detail. Remove the frown stickers and paint the frown (cheers, Col!), put in hard lenses and I recently undid the ear screws and flattened the face back a bit. The mods made to get the armour to fit me are innumerable. I, of course, replaced the belt with one of Mark's fine canvas belts. Wink In some ways I wish I'd built a kit from scratch, rather than altered the SDS, but I suppose modding the kit taught me slowly. I am building my clone from an OSCS kit - different ball game, but building on the knowledge gained from re-working the SDS. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.synaptyx.com
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

MY 06 sds Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY 06 sds   MY 06 sds I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:45 pm

I love the DLT-19 holster ~ please tell me you still have it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

MY 06 sds Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY 06 sds   MY 06 sds I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:50 am

That holster is crazy! I take it you gave the "master leather craftsman" pictures of an accurate holster, and this is what he came up with?

Whoa!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MY 06 sds Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY 06 sds   MY 06 sds I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MY 06 sds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Last Stormtrooper Detachment  :: Armour Showcase-
Jump to: