Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Another ATA

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
synaptyx
Tee-Shirt Guy
synaptyx

Another ATA Empty
PostSubject: Another ATA   Another ATA I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:49 am

Nice, easy bucket to start off with. Great practice lid and cheap to procure. This one sits on my shelf and is used to show off to visitors. Wink These are pics I posted over on FISD last year.

Along with my mate's full ATA kit, I had this spray painted with a basic white with flex additive (the stuff they use for plastic bumpers and bonnets) for £40 at a local car garage, the guy was deeply amused. Smile I also used lighting gel for the lenses, Keith's mic-tips, Mike's sticker kit, hand painted ear-caps and frown, Sharpie'd vocoder/black detail on ears, Seals Direct rubber trim.

Another ATA Ata-01

Another ATA Ata-03

Another ATA Ata-02

Another ATA Ata-04

Another ATA Ata-05

Another ATA Ata-06

Another ATA Ata-face-bcb-assembly

Swept back left:
Another ATA Ata-01-1

Straighter right:
Another ATA Ata-02-1

Sealing the screws with hotglue:
Another ATA Ata-04-1

Oops, spot that alignment mistake? I had to re-drill that hole. Wink
Another ATA Ata-05-1

Gappy? Weren't they all!? Smile
Another ATA Ata-06-1

Finished pics:

Another ATA DSCF3309

Another ATA DSCF3308

Another ATA DSCF3307
Back to top Go down
http://www.synaptyx.com
Rich330
Captain
Rich330

Another ATA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another ATA   Another ATA I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:22 pm

Nice build, Aaron.
I recently grabbed one of Terrel's B-grade helmets for a cheapish experiment and it went togetehr pretty nicely.
It was my first HIPS helmet and I found it quite nice to work with. Softer than ABS.
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

Another ATA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another ATA   Another ATA I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:30 pm

Very nice Aaron Smile

The ata kit is a nice kit, both in cost price and ease of assembly. The one I had took about 2 hours to fully trim and assemble. The hips was very easy to work with. And as we can see it's a helmet that looks great when finished off.

Thanks for sharing Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
synaptyx
Tee-Shirt Guy
synaptyx

Another ATA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another ATA   Another ATA I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:33 pm

Easy to tear, too! Had a few near rips with it. I used a single paper punch on the corner of the cap and back at the top of the ears to stop it tearing there. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.synaptyx.com
Sponsored content

Another ATA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another ATA   Another ATA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another ATA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Last Stormtrooper Detachment  :: Helmets-
Jump to: