Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

TE2 ANH Tantive IV

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AJCG
Tantive IV Hero
AJCG

TE2 ANH Tantive IV Empty
PostSubject: TE2 ANH Tantive IV   TE2 ANH Tantive IV I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:03 am

Ok guys this is going to be my first post after my introduction. I just wanted to be a nice one so I am posting the latest helmet I have been working on. Some of you have seen part of the process and eve it took forever I am happy with the final results. FYI everything is hand painted. For the base colors I used spraypaint (for the HDPE color and the white as well); everything else is brush on hand painted . I hope you like it gents and shoot any questionyou want to ask about it. TE2 ANH Tantive IV 999636

Cheers

A

TE2 ANH Tantive IV TE2_Tantive_IV_01_1024
TE2 ANH Tantive IV TE2_Tantive_IV_02_1024
TE2 ANH Tantive IV TE2_Tantive_IV_03_1024
TE2 ANH Tantive IV TE2_Tantive_IV_04_1024
TE2 ANH Tantive IV TE2_Tantive_IV_05_1024
Back to top Go down
monkeypaw aka riveting
Deck Officer
monkeypaw aka riveting

TE2 ANH Tantive IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: TE2 ANH Tantive IV   TE2 ANH Tantive IV I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:15 am

Thats a corker of a job, first rate paintwork & it's definatly got the tantive look TE2 ANH Tantive IV 286346

how about a how too?
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

TE2 ANH Tantive IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: TE2 ANH Tantive IV   TE2 ANH Tantive IV I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 11:19 am

Wow what a first post!!

Now this is a stunning helmet, something to be proud of. The look is there for sure. It would be great to see the in progress pics.

It's soo glossy and I love the hdpe chips. What White paint did you use if it's brushed on?
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
89batman
Armchair Armourer (update now takes hands on approach)
89batman

TE2 ANH Tantive IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: TE2 ANH Tantive IV   TE2 ANH Tantive IV I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 1:17 pm

That looks just like it was taken straight from the set!!
Back to top Go down
AJCG
Tantive IV Hero
AJCG

TE2 ANH Tantive IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: TE2 ANH Tantive IV   TE2 ANH Tantive IV I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:20 pm

Thanks a lot guys for you kind coments. I could not be hapier with the final results to be honest.
I have been working for qite a while on this one(on and off) bu I think it was worth the time i put on it.
I have been kind of busy but i will try to add more pics and a more extensive explanation of I I made this helmet, blue stripes weathering etc.

Again thanks for the warm welcome cheers

Cheers

A
Back to top Go down
AJCG
Tantive IV Hero
AJCG

TE2 ANH Tantive IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: TE2 ANH Tantive IV   TE2 ANH Tantive IV I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:23 pm

firebladejedi wrote:
Wow what a first post!!

Now this is a stunning helmet, something to be proud of. The look is there for sure. It would be great to see the in progress pics.

It's soo glossy and I love the hdpe chips. What White paint did you use if it's brushed on?

Cheers Mark, I used for the white paint Rustoleum Professional Enamel gloss white. It can be found on amazon; http://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-7592838-Professional-Performance-15-Ounce/dp/B00106EDPQ/ref=pd_sim_hi_17

I hope this help. Cheers.

A
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

TE2 ANH Tantive IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: TE2 ANH Tantive IV   TE2 ANH Tantive IV I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:56 pm

The tube stripes look really good - humbrol #14 was a good choice Smile
Back to top Go down
AJCG
Tantive IV Hero
AJCG

TE2 ANH Tantive IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: TE2 ANH Tantive IV   TE2 ANH Tantive IV I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:48 am

Thanks Mark!

I have been away lately so I will try to catch up. In the meantime few more shots of this helmet. I will add later some shots of the full process and I can talk as well of the camera set up I did for this shoot kind og lights, lense I used, etc...but now the pictures TE2 ANH Tantive IV 286346

Cheers

A

TE2 ANH Tantive IV TE2_Tantive_IV_08_1024

TE2 ANH Tantive IV TE2_Tantive_IV_07_1024

TE2 ANH Tantive IV TE2_Tantive_IV_06_1024
Back to top Go down
SW1
Chief Bean Shaker
SW1

TE2 ANH Tantive IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: TE2 ANH Tantive IV   TE2 ANH Tantive IV I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 5:57 pm

This has got to be one of the best i have seen for replicating the origanal on set helmet well done A you truley have a great talent i will be using these pics for when i do a ANH on set helmet i think one of my fav bits you have done is on the Hovi mix tips having one black on the inside and the other white great attention to detail TE2 ANH Tantive IV 296262
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

TE2 ANH Tantive IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: TE2 ANH Tantive IV   TE2 ANH Tantive IV I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Feel free to go away as often as you like Armando if this is the type of catching up we can expact from you every time TE2 ANH Tantive IV 879541 lol!

AJCG wrote:
Thanks Mark!

I have been away lately so I will try to catch up. In the meantime few more shots of this helmet. I will add later some shots of the full process and I can talk as well of the camera set up I did for this shoot kind og lights, lense I used, etc...but now the pictures TE2 ANH Tantive IV 286346

Cheers

A

TE2 ANH Tantive IV TE2_Tantive_IV_08_1024

TE2 ANH Tantive IV TE2_Tantive_IV_07_1024

TE2 ANH Tantive IV TE2_Tantive_IV_06_1024
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TE2 ANH Tantive IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: TE2 ANH Tantive IV   TE2 ANH Tantive IV I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TE2 ANH Tantive IV