Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

More superflexy

Go down 
+2
firebladejedi
monkeypaw aka riveting
6 posters
AuthorMessage
monkeypaw aka riveting
Deck Officer
monkeypaw aka riveting

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:32 am

Finally managed to get me this. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Two classic icons of the 20th century together :D eveything tends to be black & white for me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'll be wanting advise, tip's & tricks for the most acurate build I can manage....STAT! thats for those who watch ED based programmes. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:54 am

Hey steve the beetle looks like it's in good nick Smile

And wow - super flexy TM™️ armour build...

Over the coming days and weeks you will find all the info you will need to make your suit a total replica to what the real screen used suits were like - right here at LSD Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
Billhag
L.S.D Admin
Billhag

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:36 pm

oooow!, what year's the bug?, pre '67 by the look of the 5 studs, fade away deck lid and the rear window 8)

Can't wait to see more pictures of both these beuties coming together [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rich330
Captain
Rich330

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:41 pm

Aaaaah! More 1mm TM ABS. Makes me want to build another one right now!
Good luck with the build. A few of us have managed to put one together already so plenty of help available. And I don't know anyone who looks after his armour customers better than Paul. He gave me loads of help via PM.
Back to top Go down
monkeypaw aka riveting
Deck Officer
monkeypaw aka riveting

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:43 am

my last post dissapeared?

although it was car over TK heavy Embarassed

so looking for recomendations Re: the build & what order you prefer to do it?

trim it
paint it
glue parts together
assemble it all

or
trim it
glue it
paint it
assemble it
Back to top Go down
monkeypaw aka riveting
Deck Officer
monkeypaw aka riveting

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 4:47 am

not the closest angle of the archeive pics but not far off.

slight size diff.

Back to top Go down
monkeypaw aka riveting
Deck Officer
monkeypaw aka riveting

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:39 am

other side.

comments welcome, even constructive ones [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rich330
Captain
Rich330

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 8:57 am

If you're going to paint it, assemble it first. It's very difficult to glue painted surfaces.

If you're going ANH, there's a strong case for not painting the armour (just paint the helmet).

Look at these troopers with their shiny painted helmets and rather off-white looking non-painted armour:

Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 3:14 pm

Trim,glue then paint mate as Rich stated glue will stick to the paint not the plastic.This goes for the legs and arms anyway.I painted all the other parts on the outside only,so i did not affect the gluing of the straps.
Back to top Go down
89batman
Armchair Armourer (update now takes hands on approach)
89batman

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 2:53 am

There is nothing better than watching a TM come together! I sort of agree with Billy as well a few more pic's of the beetle wouldn't go amiss. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
monkeypaw aka riveting
Deck Officer
monkeypaw aka riveting

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:18 am

Thanks for the tip's guy's,

Just waiting on a bit of info from Paul before I can start glueing.

in the mean time here are a couple of pic's of the bug.

i'm the second owner from new of this, built in 64 registered in NZ in 65. It's all original aside from the door skins "I made some new ones" drunken

it's original 1200cc 36bhp motor, 6volt electrics & 97% service history including original shipping reciept.

the miserable passenger is the flat mate [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this is what it looks like if you were a bird. rabbit

& here's me going for adrive around NZ with soooooo much traffic. beep beep get out the way... jocolor

Back to top Go down
89batman
Armchair Armourer (update now takes hands on approach)
89batman

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:49 am

Wow only one previous owner! Looks in great condition Steve.
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:43 am

What info are you waiting for?

Try asking the guys here - I'm sure they will know the answer ...
Back to top Go down
monkeypaw aka riveting
Deck Officer
monkeypaw aka riveting

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:15 pm

firebladejedi wrote:
What info are you waiting for?

Try asking the guys here - I'm sure they will know the answer ...

Thanks Mark,

I was only asking where I'd find the belt rivet covers that came with the kit, I should have layed the kit it all out instead of just heaping it into a pile & was looking for 3 small bit's not one long strip. Embarassed lol
Back to top Go down
monkeypaw aka riveting
Deck Officer
monkeypaw aka riveting

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:02 am

Small update I've started hacking away at the bigger parts, just like I guess they might have done all those many moons ago, basicaly in a rush & sloppily. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm going to wait till I get some of the correct adhesive before I glus the elastic bit's together, so that could take some time [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
monkeypaw aka riveting
Deck Officer
monkeypaw aka riveting

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:27 am

Thought I'd add how I try go about reverse engineering the Film look.

I start by hacking away at the kit, leaving a generous return edge "if needed" then sand it down to the look I'm attempting to replicate, followed by gluing the cover strips onto one piece at atime, letting it dry then marry them all together.

I dont use gaffer tape or any selotape, just blocks of wood & some glue, followed by a little tweek. whilst clining onto hope Surprised
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:53 am

Awesome - a man after my own heart hacking away during the trimming process. I think that's an important factor often missed if you are trying to recreat the same details as the screen used suits. None of them were trimmed neatly and the parts don't match up very well.
Back to top Go down
monkeypaw aka riveting
Deck Officer
monkeypaw aka riveting

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 5:22 am

Pic's of the nearly finished kit coming soon & bump back to the top More superflexy 331945

Hi Mark, yep exactly. I've been trying to go for the same scant regard attitude the wardrobe dept had to the original kit with the assembly.
Back to top Go down
monkeypaw aka riveting
Deck Officer
monkeypaw aka riveting

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:13 am

still needs a little trimming, unfortunatly I've managed to loose one of the spring steel brackets Sad
Back to top Go down
monkeypaw aka riveting
Deck Officer
monkeypaw aka riveting

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:14 am

legs don't look too bad?

got to love that stelmax stuff it's awesome.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More superflexy Empty
PostSubject: Re: More superflexy   More superflexy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More superflexy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Last Stormtrooper Detachment  :: Work in Progress-
Jump to: