Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

glue variations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
monkeypaw aka riveting
Deck Officer
monkeypaw aka riveting

glue variations Empty
PostSubject: glue variations   glue variations I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:12 am

are there other glues aside from e6000 you use, say between elastic & plastic thats in the tool box?
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

glue variations Empty
PostSubject: Re: glue variations   glue variations I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:21 am

Hi steve a new glue in the toolbox of the modern discerning builder is Stelmax. A strong plastic Adhesive that builders are using more and more on their accurate builds.

It is ideal for gluing elastic inside the armour parts, but be warned this goes off in seconds and unlike E-6000 which can be rubbed off the plastic not leaving a mark, if you are not careful of where you put it it is there to stay.

Is it however sandable and paintable so it is ideal for a 1mm replica suit as they do tend to be painted. But I wouldn't use it for assembling a acrylic capped abs suit. I did use it on the inside of my latest build and for gluing elastics.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

glue variations Empty
PostSubject: Re: glue variations   glue variations I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:25 am

I forgot to say it is available in various colours and for building a tk I would use white.
Back to top Go down
monkeypaw aka riveting
Deck Officer
monkeypaw aka riveting

glue variations Empty
PostSubject: Re: glue variations   glue variations I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:37 am

Roger, Wilko & Copy that Mark, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

you have my manythanks, I've gota goo dash out the door, I've now got more shopping to do Smile
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

glue variations Empty
PostSubject: Re: glue variations   glue variations I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:02 am

There are several types of stelmax,1965 which is more for gap filling.1985 which is for gluing.
I was first introduced to stelmax by TM when i started my 1mm build as it is as close as you can get to what was probably used on the original suits.Be mindful of its solvent properties as it will eat into the 1mm plastic.Less is more for the finishing strips,it will warp and bend your suit.But thats what we want isnt it.I have found no product that will clean it up,so its a one shot glue.get it wrong and your f**ked.
As Mark stated i have used it on all the elastic strapping with very good results,just like the original suits.

What you see in the picture is the 3mm thigh elastic glued in with stelmax 1985.The elastic is coated on one side and pressed into place.When it is set a layer of stelmax is coated to the back of the elastic,when this goes off the elastic is going no were. Now if you look at the outside of my thighs you can see a shaddow of were the glue has warped the plastic,also on my shoulder bells.

Fantastic stuff but user beware!
Back to top Go down
monkeypaw aka riveting
Deck Officer
monkeypaw aka riveting

glue variations Empty
PostSubject: Re: glue variations   glue variations I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Thanks for the additional info Pete [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Unfortunatly the google results in NZ have yeilded a big fat 0 for suppliers [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] so it looks like I'l have to stick to the E6000 unfortunatly for now.
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

glue variations Empty
PostSubject: Re: glue variations   glue variations I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 6:46 pm

We get it from

Back to top Go down
sskunky
Cast from Original
sskunky

glue variations Empty
PostSubject: Re: glue variations   glue variations I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:23 pm

I posted this on the tools thread but I guess it should go here,....

Back to top Go down
JoeR
Captain
JoeR

glue variations Empty
PostSubject: Re: glue variations   glue variations I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:32 am

I have Stelmax, it is awesome. Good stuff!

Back to top Go down
http://www.castfromoriginal.com
Sponsored content

glue variations Empty
PostSubject: Re: glue variations   glue variations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

glue variations
Page 1 of 1