Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Thigh garter belt help please!

Go down 
+4
Billhag
stukatrooper
ObiHahn
sig1971
8 posters
AuthorMessage
sig1971
Cannon fodder
sig1971

Thigh garter belt help please! Empty
PostSubject: Thigh garter belt help please!   Thigh garter belt help please! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:09 pm

Hello chaps ,
Could someone post up a pic of their thigh garter belt set up please , as i've always had mine attached to the ab plate(my new AP is attached to the ab as well), and im not 100% sure on the best methods people use! (sorry if this is explained elswhere i did look but couldn't see it) Also is it a comfort thing or an accuracy thing?
Many thanks
Simon
God i sound like a noob !! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

PostSubject: Re: Thigh garter belt help please!   Thigh garter belt help please! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:16 pm

sig1971 wrote:
Also is it a comfort thing or an accuracy thing?

Both, actually. I don't have a pic of mine right now, but it is just loops of elastic on your thigh pieces held up by a belt worn around your waist, simple as that.
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: Thigh garter belt help please!   Thigh garter belt help please! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:09 pm

Great question Si,here is how the originals were done which i have mirrored in my 1mm suit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As Obi says,

Grab yourself some 3 inch wide elastic and turn the top 2 -3 inches over on itself and sew a loop.This loop is what you slid your leather belt through.The bottom of the elastic is shown glued to the thighs again like the originals ,but using velcro would be fine or even poppers.You will find the wider the elastic used the better the thighs sit.

On my 2mm main trooping rig i have used velcro to attach the elastic to the thighs it has never let me down .
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
sig1971
Cannon fodder
sig1971

PostSubject: Re: Thigh garter belt help please!   Thigh garter belt help please! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:01 pm

Nice one cheers chaps Thigh garter belt help please! 559234
Back to top Go down
Billhag
L.S.D Admin
Billhag

PostSubject: Re: Thigh garter belt help please!   Thigh garter belt help please! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 1:57 am

Si
Here's an old illustration I made up & posted up on the FISD yonks ago, you can switch out the 2 inch for 2 1/2, 3 if you
like as Pete said but the principal is the same. Poppers, velcro or glued elastic to the inside of the thigh with a nice loop at the
top for a leather belt Thigh garter belt help please! 286346

Smile
Back to top Go down
sig1971
Cannon fodder
sig1971

PostSubject: Re: Thigh garter belt help please!   Thigh garter belt help please! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 7:25 am

Nice one cheers Billy
Back to top Go down
Sonnenschein
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Thigh garter belt help please!   Thigh garter belt help please! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 3:30 pm

The original straping was quitze simplistic Smile

Now we only have to find out the make of the original belt Wink

I wonder if the just used some elastic with 2 snap rivets, almost like the chin straps...

Edit: I really guess they did. I cant upload pics now, but there's the pic of Han talking about the reactor leak and on his side you can see a piece of white strapping. I really think this his his "belt" come undone when he leaned down...
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Thigh garter belt help please!   Thigh garter belt help please! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:49 pm

I think it more likely they used regular leather belts that you would use on your own trousers. I also think the hero suits are strapped slightly different from the other stunt suits.
Back to top Go down
edgejedi
Cannon fodder
edgejedi

PostSubject: Re: Thigh garter belt help please!   Thigh garter belt help please! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:20 am

Thats a nice simple solution- now on the hunt for a decent canvas style belt and i think i know exactly where in my house there is one...although the wife wont he pleased when she realises its missing...
Back to top Go down
http://www.rebellegion.co.uk
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

PostSubject: Re: Thigh garter belt help please!   Thigh garter belt help please! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:01 am

It need to be a proper, sturdy belt to keep the thigh pieces up, stay away from elastics and snap closure I say.

Karin, I checked all my high-def creen caps of Han in stormtrooper disguise, talking about the reactor leak, and can not for the life of me see any white material there. confused

We already know the belts were black, the pic with the sleeping dude wearing only his leg pieces. Must dig that out some time soon.
Back to top Go down
Sonnenschein
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Thigh garter belt help please!   Thigh garter belt help please! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:02 pm

Mark,
a regular sounds okay. But how does it stay up? There are no belt loops, I guess.

Dennis,
oops.. I meant to write "black", not white. My bad!
Back to top Go down
EOTK
Cannon fodder
EOTK

PostSubject: Re: Thigh garter belt help please!   Thigh garter belt help please! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:30 pm

I think this is the photo that ObiHahn mentioned--TM posted on the RPF:

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

PostSubject: Re: Thigh garter belt help please!   Thigh garter belt help please! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:25 pm

EOTK wrote:
I think this is the photo that ObiHahn mentioned--TM posted on the RPF:

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Exactly, thanks mate!

Karin, I just saw what you mean: white material on Han Solo's behing (between butt and kidney plate)!
I think it might be regular strapping, one of the 3 loops connecting butt to kidney - the position is about right. Might have been white on the hero suits and some others, I have seen white instead of black strapping between the abdomen and chest in the "Tantive IV" raid scene.
Back to top Go down
Billhag
L.S.D Admin
Billhag

PostSubject: Re: Thigh garter belt help please!   Thigh garter belt help please! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:51 am

ObiHahn wrote:
stay away from elastics and snap closure I say.

Dennis
Just a little bit curious as to why you would say that [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I've had mine set up like that on my 2mm TM for well over 3 years now and I've never had a single problem with it.
Totally see where you're coming from if you want to replicate a screen used suite, then the 3" stuck to the inside
is the way to go, but if you want a simple 'no fuss' method then the popper/snap & elastic is a nice and easy
solution.

As they say, "there's more ways then one to skin a cat" Thigh garter belt help please! 559234

Oh, and here's Mark replicating the Elstree trooper [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thigh garter belt help please! 559234
Back to top Go down
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

PostSubject: Re: Thigh garter belt help please!   Thigh garter belt help please! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:50 am

Billhag wrote:
ObiHahn wrote:
stay away from elastics and snap closure I say.

Dennis
Just a little bit curious as to why you would say that

One, because I think a "proper" belt is more accurate,
and two because I personally would fear that elastic material would not be "robust" enough to pull/hold up the thighs at all times.

Your trooping experience proves me wrong on that point, oviously! Thigh garter belt help please! 74068

I'll stick to the old adjustable sturdy belt myself, though. But no matter what belt you use, this method is so much better than any other strapping for the upper legs!
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Thigh garter belt help please!   Thigh garter belt help please! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:15 am

Bill - Dennis means an elastic belt round the waist, not elastic and poppers connecting to the thighs..
Back to top Go down
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

PostSubject: Re: Thigh garter belt help please!   Thigh garter belt help please! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:47 am

firebladejedi wrote:
Bill - Dennis means an elastic belt round the waist, not elastic and poppers connecting to the thighs..

Oh, yeah - right, that was where the confusion stems from. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thigh garter belt help please!   Thigh garter belt help please! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thigh garter belt help please!
Page 1 of 1