Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

New spec Sterlings - need some info

Go down 
+2
firebladejedi
Psammead
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Psammead
Deck Officer

New spec Sterlings - need some info Empty
PostSubject: New spec Sterlings - need some info   New spec Sterlings - need some info I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:38 pm

I'm trying to work out the most economical way to do something but need some info on new spec Sterlings first. Basically I could do with knowing if the trigger unit is removeable from the weapon. I don't mind if the unit itself is strippable just if I can take it out.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: New spec Sterlings - need some info   New spec Sterlings - need some info I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:57 pm

I have a new spec sterling. Yes the trigger is removable but it is fixed so you can not pull it. Same as you can not cock the weapon Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
Rolf
Stormtrooper
Rolf

PostSubject: Re: New spec Sterlings - need some info   New spec Sterlings - need some info I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:00 pm

What is spec sterlings.
Info and pics please study
Back to top Go down
Psammead
Deck Officer

PostSubject: Re: New spec Sterlings - need some info   New spec Sterlings - need some info I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:08 pm

They are UK deactivation standards. Old spec is mid-1995 and before. You can cock them and dry fire them. They are fully field strippable with the exception of the barrel.

After 1995 the law changed which meant trigger units had to be welded together but the slide could still move until 2003 (I think) after which that needed to be welded in place too. Everything post-1995 is classed as new spec.

Neither can chamber dummy rounds though.

Pics of old spec coming shortly...
Back to top Go down
Rolf
Stormtrooper
Rolf

PostSubject: Re: New spec Sterlings - need some info   New spec Sterlings - need some info I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:42 pm

I had one way back in around 2003, from a crazy dealer here i Copenhagen where i live.
He said i could not get any papers where i have buy this from, as it was not a lawful item.
I got the real ww2 tank scope on it quick after, but not the counter.
I sold it a few years later, because it was not the version used in ANH, but the ROTJ version sterling i got.
(i got some paper shots of it/not digital)
Rock on New spec Sterlings - need some info 331945
Back to top Go down
Psammead
Deck Officer

PostSubject: Re: New spec Sterlings - need some info   New spec Sterlings - need some info I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:56 pm

I've got a MGC too, til I got it it was just a piece for the collection but I love it now, even though the the detonator pin for the cartridges is a POS and keeps breaking. The way it's super light and the stock works is brilliantly simple.

Anyway, here's a quick snap of an old spec for you, it strips down a lot further but there's so much stuff on my desk right now I just don't have the space to do it. On a new spec you can't get that bolt out.

New spec Sterlings - need some info Dscf0920
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: New spec Sterlings - need some info   New spec Sterlings - need some info I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:46 pm

great info Sam.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
Rolf
Stormtrooper
Rolf

PostSubject: Re: New spec Sterlings - need some info   New spec Sterlings - need some info I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:47 pm

Looking super sexy Sam.
Its a beauty New spec Sterlings - need some info 94707 New spec Sterlings - need some info 331945
Back to top Go down
RoCKo
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: New spec Sterlings - need some info   New spec Sterlings - need some info I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 9:53 pm

Here is my long-time WIP:
New spec Sterlings - need some info CIMG6768

real deact. Sterling with cutted magazine and correct folding stock
7 digit Hengstler counter with metal sleeve and eagle logo
M38 1942 azimuth scope
accurate cylinders from Russ
Gino t-tracks

I´m going to do the Sandtrooper variation with aluminium cast rear section and grips.

Back to top Go down
Psammead
Deck Officer

PostSubject: Re: New spec Sterlings - need some info   New spec Sterlings - need some info I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:59 pm

Looking good. Still trying to get my conversions out of the way but it's been mad the last few months.

Glad you're thinking of the sandtrooper version. I'm still trying to find out if it would be legal in the UK. confused

Last edited by Psammead on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed out a few words. :))
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: New spec Sterlings - need some info   New spec Sterlings - need some info I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:06 pm

This is the second time in a short period I've heard the "sandtrooper version". I'm by no means an expert, but I do think I've read quite a lot about stuff and their variations. But I still don't understand what the sandtrooper version is. Does anyone have a picture?

Oh and btw. I'm looking forward to seeing that build up. You've sourced some awesome gear!
Back to top Go down
Psammead
Deck Officer

PostSubject: Re: New spec Sterlings - need some info   New spec Sterlings - need some info I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:17 pm

It's this one. The backs were cut off and the barrels replaced for shipping to Tunisia

http://www.elitestormtrooper.com/t324-real-anh-blaster

Just noticed they drilled out the hole for the d-ring on the back. A bit odd for a background SW prop.
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: New spec Sterlings - need some info   New spec Sterlings - need some info I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:44 pm

Hmm, okey. So some parts of it (that particular blaster) was real, and some parts had been replaced with resin?
Back to top Go down
Psammead
Deck Officer

PostSubject: Re: New spec Sterlings - need some info   New spec Sterlings - need some info I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:59 pm

Ah no...it's aluminium. The way I understand it is they cut off the back, cast it on to a pipe and then that goes all the way down past the ejector.
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: New spec Sterlings - need some info   New spec Sterlings - need some info I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 7:42 am

Ah, okey!
Yeah, I guess it's hard to ship functional weapons abroad and then get them through customs.

Thanks for clearing it out for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
RoCKo
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: New spec Sterlings - need some info   New spec Sterlings - need some info I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 3:22 pm

Exactly, it was very difficult to ship weapons to tunisia because of different deactivation laws.
(I still wonder how they shipped the MG-15 and the Lewis gun over there then... New spec Sterlings - need some info 22181 )

Here´s a picture showing the variation also know as Sandtrooper version:

New spec Sterlings - need some info Chronicles-blaster-with-notes

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New spec Sterlings - need some info   New spec Sterlings - need some info I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New spec Sterlings - need some info
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Last Stormtrooper Detachment  :: Weaponry-
Jump to: