Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Gaffer tape for biceps and chest

Go down 
+8
chefhawk
Mojo
iconoclasta_88
R2Dan
stukatrooper
SW1
firebladejedi
locitus
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

Gaffer tape for biceps and chest Empty
PostSubject: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:48 pm

I was wondering how wide the tape is, if there are any good measurements on that. And exactly what kind of tape it was. Was it the plastic water proof tape you mostly associate with gaffer tape?

The reason is that, while I haven't found (and not looked too much, to be honest) any of the water proof kind, I did find a roll of 1.5 inch wide medical tape. This is not the paper tape kind of medical tape, but canvas tape. Like you might be using to tape up your feet after a jogg or something.

My second question is, is there any proof on any stormtroopers having it both on the bicep and the chest (or anywhere else)? And does anyone have any good reference pictures of that. I was thinking of adding the found medical tape on my suit.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:55 pm

Good question..

The tape looks like to be of 2 types - white electrical tape and white duck tape.

I have both here so will have to dig out some armour to show some pics..
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:57 pm

Here is the duck tape on the bicep, its like a material tape..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:14 pm

Thanks Mark! Any info is good info! Smile

Here's a quick mock up I just did (I should be in bed by now instead of modding my TK! Smile )

Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:15 pm

Not a bad match - i like the Han style plastic hook Gaffer tape for biceps and chest 296262
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Thanks!

The white balance and the light makes the canvas look a bit less white in the photo. But I think I might keep it then, until something better comes up.

I like the hooks too, it once was a part of my thigh! Unfortunately the other hook broke, so I need to make a new one sometime. But that's life! Smile
Back to top Go down
SW1
Chief Bean Shaker
SW1

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:42 pm

Hi Mathias Great to see you here mate , a while back i asked the same thing about the Gaffa tape and i dont think anybody knows for sure of what texture it was i have done this little mod to on my chest plate with a crease in the middle as were the ones on set heres a pic , plus the gaffa tape has a webbing texture and plus it has a bit of a shine to but of course i did weather it a bit the measurement of the tape 2 inch wide .

Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:47 pm

Thanks Stephen! I'll keep an eye out for any other white tape I might find if it's a closer match. Gaffer tape for biceps and chest 999636
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:42 am

Duck tape Gaffa tape with a weave in it 2inch also 1 inch smooth electrical tape

In this shot we can see the two types of tape.On Mr no strips their is the 1 inch electrical tape on hes chest and on set for stun trooper their is the duck tape,gaffa tape on hes shoulder strap

And this shot just for the hell of it .

great question BTW.

Last edited by stukatrooper on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SW1
Chief Bean Shaker
SW1

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:02 am

great shots there Pete i was thinking of putting the gaffa tape also on the shoulder strap i think i will now after seeing these photos again Gaffer tape for biceps and chest 286346
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:10 am

Classic placing go for it mate.
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 7:14 am

Yeah great pics!

I didn't know about the shoulder strap position so this was a nice surprise for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:00 pm

Heres anther for you Ab and kidney plate held together with Tape.

Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:03 pm

Look at that. Nice one! Smile
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:47 pm

SW1 wrote:
great shots there Pete i was thinking of putting the gaffa tape also on the shoulder strap i think i will now after seeing these photos again Gaffer tape for biceps and chest 286346

You knnow you can add to many original details to the 1 suit.... just sayin Gaffer tape for biceps and chest 256848
Back to top Go down
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:43 am

You know that this strip of gaffer tape on the biceps is there to hold another strip of gaffer tape wrapped around the elastic on the shoulder? It's kind of the stunt version of Hans biceps hook Wink
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:54 am

R2Dan wrote:
You know that this strip of gaffer tape on the biceps is there to hold another strip of gaffer tape wrapped around the elastic on the shoulder? It's kind of the stunt version of Hans biceps hook Wink

Hah! Ghetto strapping :D
Back to top Go down
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:17 am

works fine on my suit :D
Back to top Go down
SW1
Chief Bean Shaker
SW1

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:41 pm

firebladejedi wrote:
SW1 wrote:

You knnow you can add to many original details to the 1 suit.... just sayin Gaffer tape for biceps and chest 256848

I know Mark dont want to make it in to a Gaffa Trooper Laughing well we will have to wait and see whats comming to the big screen next mate Gaffer tape for biceps and chest 256848
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:35 pm

Got myself some white gaffer tape today while I was getting myself a helmet bag. It's 50 mm wide, so it's just shy of 2 inch.

Here's how the bicep looks now,
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:41 pm

This is off topic, but I just noticed that Mr No Stripes in this pic that Stuka posted has regular purple(?) rubber band or something to hold his shoulder strap down instead of the white elastic.

Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:37 pm

locitus wrote:
regular purple(?) rubber band or something to hold his shoulder strap down instead of the white elastic.

I think not young man,These are pink imperial issue rubber bands.

Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:44 pm

Whoops! My mistake! :D
Back to top Go down
iconoclasta_88
Cannon fodder
iconoclasta_88

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 6:25 am

Don't really know much about tape specially what kind is called how in English. But working in advertising/filmaking I do know Gaffer's tape is not electrical tape or duct tape. Gaffer's tape is more of a paper like soft material also cloth like texture. What makes it so special is that its adhesive does not leave any residue on equipment. It comes in all sorts of colors. And gaffers use all kind of wides and color depending on what are they fixing. They also use electricians plastic tape. But not much of duct tape.

I am guessing these is common knowledge, just that in all my years in this hobby, this is not mention too often or taken in consideration most of the times.

Saludos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mylifeasastormtrooper.blogspot.com
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 7:22 pm

iconoclasta_88 wrote:
just that in all my years in this hobby, this is not mention too often or taken in consideration most of the times.

Saludos.

Welcome to the world that is L.S.D,its what we do !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaffer tape for biceps and chest   Gaffer tape for biceps and chest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaffer tape for biceps and chest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next